Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic & the Virginia's
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-10-2005, 10:55 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Aquarium Club

I'd really like to start an aquarium club for the tri-state area (MD, WV, PA). I tried to do this locally a few years ago with little to no response. If anyone is interested let me know, I am sure there is somewhere we could all meet once every two months or so that is in equal driving distance for everyone.

Old 08-11-2005, 12:33 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
Might be fun. I'm interested. As far as I know, there is no club for the MD area, but there is quite a few for DC, VA, etc.

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 10:05 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yeah DC, and VA have a lot. I dont know of any for maryland which really stinks.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:18 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah, there is nothing in WV either and that bites but honestly, I don't know if I could commit myself to being active in a club that far away. Which is why I'm not an active member of any other clubs. I do attend autions when they are within a reasonable distance though. Maybe twice a year.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:47 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to kjord97 Send a message via Yahoo to kjord97
First Southern Maryland Reef Symposium

Maybe moderators can make this a sticky for me. Thank you

The Southern Maryland Marine Aquarium Society (www.smmas.org) is proud to host the First Southern Maryland Reef Symposium featuring noted speakers Mike Paletta and Steven Pro on October 29th, 2005. This event will be held at the Calvert Marine Museum from 12:00 noon to 5:00 pm located near beautiful Solomon’s Island. The pre-registration admission fee of $30 is available until October 22nd, ticket prices increase to $35 thereafter and at the door. Included in this price is admission to the Calvert Marine Museum featuring wildlife from the Chesapeake Bay, a petting area of rays, interactive displays, as well as the history of the Chesapeake. Check out their website (www.calvertmarinemuseum.com) for directions and all the activities that are available.

It is suggested that you arrive around 10:00am when the Museum opens and check in at the front desk to receive your Reef Symposium passes and admission stickers for the museum. Tour the museum and enjoy the “saltwater” tank displays of the local Chesapeake Bay (who knew seahorses lived in the Chesapeake?), there is so much to see and do here you may want to join the museum and come back again!

We are not allowed to serve lunch at the museum but there are many different venues in the local area just minutes away before the show starts at noon. We are including light refreshments between speakers as we take a break to look at the raffle prizes donated by our good friends and sponsors. The raffle will begin after the last speaker gives his presentation.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email club.smmas@gmail.com

Please send payment through PAYPAL (www.payal.com) -- Please send your payment to club.smmas@gmail.com, or send a Check made out to SMMAS and addressed to

CLUB SMMAS

22860 Maple Road

Lexington Park, MD 20653
[/b]
Attached Images
File Type: gif reef_114.gif (36.4 KB, 96 views)
kjord97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 11:01 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Checkout www.capitalcichlids.org

Everyone is welcome.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com