Exotic Aquatics, Parkville MD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqua315

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I read about Exotic Aquatics on this site and since it was so close by, I figured I'd go check it out. I was very impressed. The other LFS I had been going to before was nothing compared to this place. All the fish looked incredibly healthy and I didn't see a single dead fish in any of the tanks. Their selection of fresh and saltwater fish was also wonderful. The employee I talked to was very helpful and friendly and seemed very knowledgeable. (although like any advice from LFS employees it's always open to opinion) One thing I loved and found very comforting was the care they seemed to put into their fish. As said by the employee: "Are fish aren't allowed to be sick with all the attention they get. We make sure to check them all three times a day. They're very spoiled."

Well hello! I also go to Exotic Aquatics as I live right up the street. We use to go to Tom's Tropicals on Bel Air rd, which we still get our fish from, but Exotic Aquatics we get everything else from. They do seem to care for their fish alot better then some places. They have more knowledge than other places as well

I was planning on making a run up that a way..it's about a 35 minute run for me...what did they have in the way of starter corals? I need to take the "plunge" so to speak and start stocking.

That Im not really sure.. sorry :-/ Ive only been there a handful of times now and its mainly to get plants and food. And take a browse at the fish of course because there are so many

Yeah I think its definitely worth a look. I feel like they have just about everything as far as fish and things you can think of. And if theres certin tanks you want that they dont have I think they can order it for you cause we are looking into a 120g but they didnt have it there

Yeah their fish selection is wonderful. I'm a freshwater fish keeper so I don't know much about corals but they did have a few large tanks with corals for sale. They're a bit lacking in the dry goods department because the store space is dedicated mostly to their fish so it's not the best place to go to buy a tank or stand but my view is that you can get those almost anywhere, it's the fish that are important. If you're interested in tanks, Aquarium Depot on Liberty Road has a wonderful selection, although their fish aren't as good as Exotic Aquatics. I think they're moving locations soon though, I saw on their website that they're selling their sample display tanks if anyone's interested. Not sure yet where they're moving to.

Back
Top Bottom