Feb 29th meeting in Staunton

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfreek

Aquarium Advice Addict
Our second meeting of the SVA will held on Feb 29th at my house in Staunton. I live right off the main drag so it will be very easy to find.

I would like to try to have the meeting earlier in the afternoon. Lets say 3pm. If later in the evening fits everyones schedules better we can do a 6:00 or 6:30 start time.

I am fairly limited in seating so if everyone who plans on attending could send me a PM or post here that way I can try to have enough seating.

I cant make the 3:30 slot, I can at 6 or later.(this may affect 4-5 others up here as well) Dont change time on account of me.

GREAT NEW!!! I think Randy H is going to THAT PET PLACE. Anyone need anything like Salt (if we cant get it there, i think we have found someone else in staunton area who can get it wholesale) VHO bulb are another good thing to get. He is going Friday night, and will have it for the meeting.

Final price is @$32 for 160 gallons Instant ocean
$42 for Reef Crystals.

Let us know!!

PS if we get Pizza's I tHink we ought to throw in a couple dollars for the host!!!!

i would like some reef crystal salt. 2 buckets
as far the time on the 29th we can do it later if you guys like but i may not stay long.

I just need a definate time. If it is at 3, are you guys still going to be around at 5:45-6? That is earliest I can be there. I just need to let the other guys know. Reefdude, I will forward your order to Randy. Fishfreek, if you want my list of all my "reef" people, let me know. I dont think everyone is reading this post.

Directions for those comming.

• Take I-81 and get off at the 220 exit.

Take the first Staunton exit off the bipass

Turn right and go approx 1 mile.

Turn right on Driscoll. This is the road that is between the Captn Dees and the Shell station.

Turn left onto Ellen St. This is the first left once you turn on Driscoll.

Drive to the end of the circle. House number 821.

Park anyware you find some open curb. Since we live on the circle our parking is fairly limited along the street infront of the house but there should be some parking just down the street.

I think we have at least 4 people up here from the Hburg crew coming. Drew, Derek, jeremy and myself. I still havent heard from Randy or Tony. If anyone know how to get in touch with Norm from Waynesboro, that would be great. He would be a Nice addition. Also, I think there is a guy from lynchburg coming up here!! So far, I would just count on 4 people plus the 3 that already RSVP'd

The lynchburg fellow is not set at this time. Reefdude will have to call him up.

Now I gotta serously clean my two tanks tommorow... :)

I think I have some RSVP's for ya! Me (matt), Tony, Derek, Drew, and Jeremy Should be there. With Aaron, shane and Norm, that should make 8. Plus a few other hopefuls. Anyone want Phytoplankton starter kits? It will be everything you need (except for airpump, lights and tubing) to get your own Phytoplankton started. I am selling for $9 or trade for some frags. (comes with a 2L bottle with a drilled top, Phytoplankton, fertilizer, and RODI saltwater) It is Plug and Play!!! If a few of you get this, you can get a bulk order and buy your fertilizer you will need to grow more than your one bottle!! I wish I had something this easy!!

I found 4 foot shop lights today at walmart for like $8 with the bulbs. So for those who want to get a cheap start on lights!!. I made the mistake and have 2 and 3 foot bulbs which are much more expensive to replace. If you got the room go 4 foot!! That way if you decide to give rotifers a try you got the room!! I am bringing aaron and Tony a starter kit.

What a great meeting. I belive we had 9 people show up.

Some great ideas where tossed about and all in all it was a wonderful learning experence for everyone.

Thanks for the start kit of phytoplankton. Got an airpump and light on it right now.

Back
Top Bottom