Frag Workshop Saturday Oct 14th in Bethesda, MD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfreek

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am beginning to make plans to attend this. Frag workshops are always great meetings as you will be hard pressed NOT to walk out of there with out a log of FREE frags. Only cost will be the cost of admission if your not a WAMAS member.

I am interested in carpooling. I can drive or ride. This will make the trip less costly for everyone as we can share gas costs.

WAMAS Fall Meeting / Frag Workshop

WAMAS, The Washington D.C. Area Marine Aquarist Society, will be hosting its Fall Meeting / Frag Workshop on Oct 14th , 2006 from 2:00 - 5:00p.m. in Maryland (immediately outside Washington, DC).
Cafeteria, Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School
4301 East-West Hwy
Bethesda, MD 20814

Special Guests and Highlights:

Justin Credabel - talk "Fusion, Goniopora, and the Organic Reefer"

Bio

Justin Credabel

Justin has been working in the Pet and Aquarium business for over 10
years. Justin has long been a fan of nature. Organic gardening before he could speak, breeding guppies as a child in his basement laboratory, and over the past 6 years, propagating coral. Justin has worked hard to increase the expanding body of knowledge on the husbandry of the genus Goniopora. Justin is president of the non-profit corporation Applied Sustainable Aquaculture, the focus of which is to develop and enhance new coral propagation techniques and develop ways to improve efficiency and economic solvency in aquaculture while at the same time reducing negative environmental impacts due to current practices. He is also spearheading a greenways and habitat restoration initiative called New London County Greenways. Involving private landowners and local businesses in restoration genetic flow in isolated populations of animals and reintroducing native plants and animals. Justin is also involved in F.R.E.S.H. New London, growing organic vegetables in New London for soup kitchens and low income households. The website for New London County Greenways and Applied Sustainable Aquaculture is www.asaquaculture.org

Unusual Propagation Methods from an Unusual Guy

Justin will also talk about new and different ways to propagate corals. Included will be Justin’s work on coral grafting, detailing preparation of subjects and a demonstration of techniques. There will also be shown techniques for micro-culture, tissue transplants, and re-arrangement of single polyped corals.

Along with the frag worshop, lots of frag swapping, and a great raffle, this is sure to be a meeting NOT to miss!

More details soon! See www.wamas.org for latest news

Indeed! it was awesome and will be well worth attending as I am sure he will do most of the same stuff he did at MACNA

Am I the only one planning on driving up? For those looking for FREE corals this IS the meeting to go to. Only cost will be the price of admission and any raffle tickets you might buy.

Back
Top Bottom