Harrisonburg and surrounding area meet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfreek

Aquarium Advice Addict
Whos interested in meeting eachother? I live in Staunton and i know we have some members in the harrisonburg area as well as waynesburo area.

Lets try to hammer out a time and location taht we could meet. Maybe we can start some kind of regular schedule where we meet at members houses and look at the tank(s) and talk about aquatic topics.

I myself will be out of town attending a WAMAS (northern va reef club) meeting the weekend of the 17th. ANyone interested in going along is welcome to car pool.

I will also be out of town on the 31st of the month. Aside from that I am free most evenings in January.

I live in Madison and I think it would be cool. Unfortunatly I get up at 4 to go to work and by the time I get home at 6:30 I am beat. Im off every sunday and every other saturday, so the weekend would be best for me.

How about sunday the 25th?? My house is open!! Anyone else is more than welcome to put it up as well!! I will email a group of people I have up here. How about 7 pm. These are just suggestions????? We could meet once a month maybe at someone house everytime. Does this work?? I am in Harrisonburg Va. Anyone else in Staunton. Kind of midway.

Shall we setup the first meeting for Sunday Jan 25th? If Harrsonburg is kind of a central spot we could do it there and then if we make this a regular event we can switch off hosting locations monthly. If we get a dozen regular members than thats only 1 hosting per year.

Geez, I hate being the difficult one. I can try to make it, but thats my youngest ones birthday. H'Burg is just a skip and a hop away, so I should be able to skip out for a awhile.

get the word out

FishFreek,
As the Admin, could you send an email to all the member of the SVA about the meeting? If someone else does it it may seem a bit intrusive. At least this way, all the members will know about the meeting eventhought they do not check out the website on a regular basis.
M

I was planning on doing ths but was going to wait until we had all the plans finalized. If the location, date and time has been firmed up then we can establish the preliminary agenda as well as maybe list out some frags or other things that we might be bringing to share.

Then I can send the message.

Let's finalize it. Sunday Jan 25th. You can make it at my Place (harrisonburg) At 6:30 (time compromised for everyone) I live at Beacon Hill Townhomes. Basically at the corner of Vine St and Main st on the North end of town. I will give better directions once this is set. Come for as long or as short as you need to. I will host it from 6:30-9:30. Lets have first one informal. Get to know each other. Maybe get an wish lish for an order pool. Bring your shopping list. Anyone need BULBS???? We can get a deal on bulks and save shipping. Lets try to get everyones info. You can email me if you want. I got about 9 email addresses. Send yours if you would like to be added to the list. My email is mrrrkva@att.net

Fishfreek, if you could mass mail everyone in our area that would be great!!
I will start with my list up for trade:

Pulsing red sea Xenia
Green hydnophora
FRESH Phytoplankton with directions how to start your own
Macro Algae, Feather, grape, and Spagetti

Everyone LIst what they have, and maybe we can prearrange some trades.

Even if you cant make it let us know if your interested in the club and some suggestions on next time and place.

Everyone bring their own drinks of Choice.

Dont forget your coolers, for after you go home with some goodies that you just traded!!

Any additions, subtractions, are welcomed to this agenda

SEND THOSE LIST OF FRAGS!!!!!

Matt

I just orderd bulbs :(

Anyone need nori? I know a good online source thats fairly cheap. The more packs we order the cheaper it is.

I need nori and salt. Salt around here is like $70 for a 200gal bucket but when you order online its like $50 a bucket even after shipping.

Some refreshments will be provided.

I will provide a moderate amount of "refreshments" That will include beer and soda. IF you have favorites, you are more than welcome to bring those, but I am more interested in Coral Trading. We have about a head count of 5 so far. Please keep them coming. WE have a goal of 12 at our first meeting, but more our welcomed. If anyone has done or been a member of one of these, feel free to speak up. I am flying by the seat of my pants on this one!!!

Fishfreek, is it possible we email the people in our area that are already on this board? I am interested in some Nori.

I may be making a run to THAT PET PLACE in Lancaster Pa. Salt is only $35 there if we pick it up. We have others that may make a trip up there occasionally too. Just throwing that out there. I am not sure if I will make it by the end of this month though. I dont think it is that far from the WAMAS meeting, if you are headed up there.

Matt

I would like alot to go to That Pet Place one day. I am sure its probaly another 90min drive from the WAMAS location and then the drive home so I wont get there on the 17th.

I need a final head count, I have 5 definates. Fishfreek, were you able to get a mailing out? Any replies? Please respond to the thread. Directions to my house will be PM'd to everyone who doesnt already know me. Are you coming Fishfreek?

Ya the mailing went out last week. Did you not get it? It should have went to all members who have access to post in the SVA forum.

I plan on being there. Me and reefdude will probably come up together.

A Randy Harper replyed to the e-mail saying he would be there. I dont know his username on the forum so I hope he can reply so he can get directions.

I actually didnt get the email. I will let Randy know and mail him directions. Anyone else interested just shoot me an PM or email

I have at least 8 coming, If your name isnt on the list let me know

Mike H
Randy H
Drew
Tony
Myself
Fishfreek (i havent gotten your name yet)
and Fishfreek's buddy

Back
Top Bottom