Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic & the Virginia's
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-05-2004, 12:09 PM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Harrisonburg and surrounding area meet?

Whos interested in meeting eachother? I live in Staunton and i know we have some members in the harrisonburg area as well as waynesburo area.

Lets try to hammer out a time and location taht we could meet. Maybe we can start some kind of regular schedule where we meet at members houses and look at the tank(s) and talk about aquatic topics.

I myself will be out of town attending a WAMAS (northern va reef club) meeting the weekend of the 17th. ANyone interested in going along is welcome to car pool.

I will also be out of town on the 31st of the month. Aside from that I am free most evenings in January.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 08:55 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to alarmguy66 Send a message via Yahoo to alarmguy66
I live in Madison and I think it would be cool. Unfortunatly I get up at 4 to go to work and by the time I get home at 6:30 I am beat. Im off every sunday and every other saturday, so the weekend would be best for me.

Old 01-05-2004, 10:36 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Thats cool. Do we want to shoot for a sunday?

Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:07 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to mrrrkva
How about sunday the 25th?? My house is open!! Anyone else is more than welcome to put it up as well!! I will email a group of people I have up here. How about 7 pm. These are just suggestions????? We could meet once a month maybe at someone house everytime. Does this work?? I am in Harrisonburg Va. Anyone else in Staunton. Kind of midway.

http://community.webshots.com/user/catfish6661
mrrrkva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 09:21 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

meeting.

It work for me. Sunday 25. After 6:00 pm would be good. Randy
Old 01-06-2004, 10:35 AM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Shall we setup the first meeting for Sunday Jan 25th? If Harrsonburg is kind of a central spot we could do it there and then if we make this a regular event we can switch off hosting locations monthly. If we get a dozen regular members than thats only 1 hosting per year.

Old 01-07-2004, 12:35 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to alarmguy66 Send a message via Yahoo to alarmguy66
Geez, I hate being the difficult one. I can try to make it, but thats my youngest ones birthday. H'Burg is just a skip and a hop away, so I should be able to skip out for a awhile.
Old 01-07-2004, 12:52 PM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

I dont think this will last more than a few hours. Maybe from 6-9 or 6-8ish?

Old 01-07-2004, 02:04 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Regular

get the word out

FishFreek,
As the Admin, could you send an email to all the member of the SVA about the meeting? If someone else does it it may seem a bit intrusive. At least this way, all the members will know about the meeting eventhought they do not check out the website on a regular basis.
M
Old 01-07-2004, 03:06 PM   #10
AA Team Emeritus

I was planning on doing ths but was going to wait until we had all the plans finalized. If the location, date and time has been firmed up then we can establish the preliminary agenda as well as maybe list out some frags or other things that we might be bringing to share.

Then I can send the message.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com