Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic & the Virginia's
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-16-2006, 10:56 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebailey46
I may try and show down there at 10 on Saturday also...Thanks for the MD reefers club...
Awesome!

Hey 20 20!! Any chance you'll be coming by as well?
No, won't be able to make it. Gotta take my kid to his 'community service'. Fight at school thing, the cops got called, etc. Teenagers, eh? I think I'll wait until I get a report from everyone that's going before I decide to make that hike.

On another note, the xenia is doing great, only just started to spread a bit, so I'm not mad at ya yet!

Old 03-16-2006, 11:30 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Freak

Wow, this is exciting. My boyfriend lives about 15 minutes from Glen Burnie. I'm about an hour out but I think I will be trying to make it by there very soon. Let me know how it goes and share some pics of your purchases if you can.

Old 03-17-2006, 08:52 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'd love to go to the seminar but I have already made plans for 4/8. Anyone who can attend should do so. I've been lucky enough to have heard Paletta speak before and it was great. Thanks for posting this gonefishy!
Old 03-17-2006, 11:32 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Send a message via MSN to gonefishy
your welcome
Old 03-18-2006, 09:16 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well, I had a great time today. It was nice to meet up with Austinsdad and DT again as well as getting to meet davidbailey46! What a wonderful group of people.
It was great getting a chance to talk reef talk with others who are just as passionate about the hobby. Thanks a bunch!
Old 03-18-2006, 10:15 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Activist

Likewise Fluff...the rock looks amazing in my main...Everyone has been grazing on it all day...Great to meet you all
Old 03-18-2006, 10:55 PM   #37
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
Likewise here too! It was a pleasure to meet you guys, davebailey46 and austinsdad! And Fluff, like always, I had a great time!

That place was awesome. Pics to come of my acquisitions.

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 11:20 PM   #38
AA Team Emeritus

I'm still excited to see real live rock. Never ordered on the net before and seeing this stuff for someone like me was awesome. And that was the leftovers I understand. Some of my rock in my 35 had to go to the circ tub for now to make room for the new stuff. Any of you remember the rock fulff made me bu (hee hee) with the bi-valves or something clam looking on them...well, they're all alive. There was a coral on that 7 pounder. I can't find it. What was the name of it again?

Was great meeting yous all and seeing you and the family again Fluff. Hubby is so cool. DT and Fluff, you guys figured me out now, I'm a hugger. Just feels like I've known you both for a long time now. Dave, let's hook up again sometime on Saturday. Like after they get their next shipment in maybe? Heck, I may have to set up another tank just to hold rock. But they told me to let'm know and they'll custom pick a 100lbs for me when the 155 is ready. Fluff, we gotta talk strategy soon. Looks like I'll have to cycle the 155g and then transfer rock and fish slowly. I dunno yet. So much planning to do.

I really enjoyed that place.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 11:32 PM   #39
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
The free chunk of expensive coral was a Blastomussa

Very nice pick up, considering the other they had for sale was $75.

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 08:57 AM   #40
Aquarium Advice Freak

Sounds like I missed a good time, maybe I can make it next time there's a 'MidAtlantic GetTogether'.

Free Blasto, eh? Nice!

Tags
fresh, live, live rock, rock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com