I found fresh FLA Live Rock in Maryland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davebailey46

Aquarium Advice Activist
I had meaning to share with you all the small SW only store I found. These guys are deluxe. Their website isnt great but they really do an amazing job. www.seasave.com
They are florida certified collectors and have a collector friend pulling fresh rock out of the ocean in Florida and immediately putting it on a plane to Baltimore...They have it back in water in under 8 hours. No bull I saw this stuff. The rock still has all the macros, mushrooms, corals everything still on it...I happened to be their as a customer came back in to drop off 2 mantis he just got with his 200lbs order...They told me
$10 a pound, $8 a pound (order of 25 or more), $6 a pound (order of a 100 or more). I know its pricey but the stuff is amazing. Just wanted to share!
Oh an they have these neat Qt tanks that "cure" ick. I looked them over very well. And in pricipals of flow, gravity, and micron filtering the system holds water (sorry for the pun)

Link doesn't work. At least not for me. Where in Maryland is it?

It took forever to load for me. Here's the address and phone number.

Sea Save
7362 Baltimore Annapolis Boulevard
Glen Burnie, MD 21061-3242
(410) 766-8888

Thanks! Looks like I might have a loooong lunch hour coming up soon!

Right on time for me. 'Bout to add a bunch to my new 155g. Need some base too.

Fluff, come on by the house. I'll drive there.

DaveBailey46 - you are the man!!!!

Anybody wanna meet there soon?

I'll have to get back with you all but you know I'm always up for a road trip!! Just not sure I can do it this weekend. :D

Just talked to Bambi at the shop. Her and her husband run the joint. Its FL aquacultured. I'm going most likely Sat morning when they open. Bambi says about 9-6 on Sat, and about 8:30 - 3 weekdays. Call first she suggests, 'cause she says she tries to have a life.

They also have some what she calls base from an older shipment that had a holding tank crash. Says its still in water w/no ammonia.

Hopefully they can do aquacultured thats not too dense. Dave Bailey, what'd you think of the shapes?

Also Dave, did you hapeen to check out their coral selection? A shop that sells all aquacultured is pretty cool. I might be interested in picking up some corals while I'm there, if I go.

Im telling you this place is wild.. Mind you they are just starting it up it seems...But they are good folks. I definitely even said to the owners it was nice to finally meet a non fish-pusher!. If you guys seriously take the trip up. Let me know it be nice to meet you guys! When last I stopped by they only had a small amount of rock but it was crazy good...I talked to them yesterday and they just got a fresh shipment in last thursday.
I will tell you they do take alot of orders for people. (They dont carry a TON of fish). The corals were very nice also...
Oh and of course you are all welcome, Just glad I could contribute...
Just so you all know this place isnt big, but it is quality. For example Exotic Aquatics in Baltimore is much bigger

Just looked at their web site. They even donate a portion of their proceeds to fish/reef saving organizations. Fish, coral, some dry goods. I'll be there Saturday morning.

I gotta get back home by 11:30 or so. I may go on Friday during the day after all since Saturday is getting kinda tight. Didja check out their web site yet? I'm impressed with their approach to the environment.

Yes, I've browsed the site. Sorry I'll miss ya Ray but we'll hook up another time. :) We'll have to drag devilishturtles to Roozen's sometime. I'm always trying to drag her along everywhere. :)

LOL! I love being dragged to cool places! And we always have a great time. Ray, would love to meet up with ya sometime. Perhaps we'll all make a Roozens trip in the near future.

Ill check my schedule Saturday, shouldn't be a problem. Friday might not even be too much of a problem.

I'm willing to pick a day and commit to a time by NLT 5pm today. Lemme know what you come up with. I may go both days. Got a buddy in the install/maintenance business that wants to go Sat. If Friday, I'd like to do a window of 10 - 2 if possible so as to avoid rush hour both ways.

Saturday would be a better time for me. Friday won't do, as I have a few appointments. But if you all would like to go Friday, don't wait around for me. :)

I can't go on Friday so Sat works for me. We can meet up with you DT at the regular place. ;)

Back
Top Bottom