Local Fish Stores

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is a new store opened up in NOVA somewhere and I'm having issues finding it. I don't remember what it is called but it is in the Ashburn area....I think....

what happened to fins and feathers? went there a few weeks ago to see what the new owner had done to the place. went in and found out that they were moving to a new location to a smaller shop and will only be carrying and I quote "Pets and very few supplies". She seemed to think that being in business for 6 months she knew what people wanted and that was a pet only store where you can not find any supplies. For that matter someone that knows anything about the pets that they carry.

~Nate~
:confused:

I haven't been to F&F in a few months, I'll have to go check on that.

Allen, the only new store I know about is is a new Petco that just opened a few weeks ago, over by Wegmans at 28 and Waxpool.

Hellathafish, are you talking about the LFS in Charles Town, Wv? There is also one in Va called Fins and Feathers.
The one in C-Town, has gone through 3 different owners in the last 2-3 years. I quit going when they stopped selling SW fish about 8 months ago.

I don't know if it is new or not but I have never been there. I thought it was a brand new store and it may be. I just don't know. I was wrong about where it was too. It is in Reston not Ashburn....

The Aquarium Company
11411 F Sunset Hills Road
Reston, Virginia 20190

We are located right off the Dulles toll road at exit #13 Wheile Ave.
Sandwiched between Reston Parkway and Wheile Avenue

Our Hours are:

Monday 2pm to 7pm
Tuesday-Closed
Wednesday-Closed
Thursday 2pm to 7pm
Friday-11am to 7pm
Saturday-11am to 7pm
Sunday-11am to 5pm

We specialize only in Marine Aquariums. Coral, fish, inverts and drygoods.

The store numbers is (703)496-7330

Wow, that's not far from my work. Maybe we could do a LFS trip and lunch during the week? You me and Neilan and whomever else wants to go.
That place has some strange hours too.

Well I don't think they are open when I take lunch...2:30am. I'm off on Thursday-Saturday so if you guys want to get together on a Thursday or Friday I could do that...

LOL, I usually take my lunch at 3PM, we could neet at On the Border for lunch, if you like.

Friday would probably be easier for me as well. I work until 5:30am on Thursday so I wouldn't be in top form.

Friday is also payday!!!!

Friday it is at 3. Where should we meet? I will be very hungry by then....

Neilan is probably better at this area than me.

If ya'll want to eat first, every restaurant known to man is around here within 10 miles. The drive from me down to reston is only ~20 minutes.

Depending on how my day is going, I may skip eating and meet you guys afterwards to head down. We'll see. If all goes well we'll be doing Sine Vibration testing on my SC on Friday.

Probably easiest to meet at one of the restaurants outside Dulles Town Center - options include Red Lobster, Red Robin, Uno's, Macaroni Grill, Longhorn, and of course Chuck E Cheese.

My tank is not quite ready for visitors as yet. Still lots to do and corals to add...Soon though...soon..

Since the store is on Sunset Hills you guys tell me where to meet you. I'm off Thursday - Saturday so I don't have to rush back to get to work. My wife and son will be joining us too.

Back
Top Bottom