Local Fish Stores

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry, I don't know anything about Aquatic Creations. I prefer to shop in Baltimore. I'd head down the road to find much better stores. The Aquarium Depot in Randallstown is a great place for dry goods and plants. Fish there are ok as well but I prefer to buy fish from Exotic Aquatics which is a bit farther down the beltway.
Welcome to the site btw. :)

Thanks but I already have plants that I am transplanting from my other tanks and Exotic Aquatics looks nice except for the 1 hr. and 1/2 drive. I'm simply looking for male and female dwarf gouramis, tetras and cory catfish. An hour and a half drive is a bit much for such non-rare fish.But thank you for replying!

Isn't there another store a little past the FSK Mall? I'm sorry, but I don't know the roads up there. If you head in the direction of the newer movie theater, the mall is on the left, keep going and there is one on the left. It looks like a garden center.

I haven't seen one that way. The only ones I know are Petsmart(not high quality), Rick's(rude and overpriced), Superpets(poor selection), and Mr. Coral(only saltwater). I have seen something about Today's Pet Store(new?)? That may be the one you are talking about, never been there...Any thoughts on that store? I also noticed on their website that they sell puppies and kittens(which typically come from puppy mills and the like) which I do not approve of due to the massive amount of dogs and cats present in Frederick's shelters that need adopting so I am hesitant to take my business to such a store.

That may be it, but I have never benn. I do think it's new.

Today's Pet Store is the pet stop in the FSK mall. selection is not that bad and the prices on the equipment are not bad.

Naw, we probably don't have more salties here, we are just bigger bullies!

One of you all shoulda PM'ed me, I so woulda met you at Mr. Coral!! Scott I didn't get your AIM message until after you were there lol.

I wanna check out the place in the mall again soon.

hiddenrunes, the place in Randallstown the Fluff talked about is nice and doesn't take too long to get to from Frederick. You just take I-26 from towards Baltimore and you'll run right into it. Takes about 40 minutes depending on traffic. GREAT selection.

Nothing else in Frederick though. There are some down towards DC which isn't as far as Baltimore.

Heh, B-more and DC are the same amount of driving for me. Should we start another thread about a possible tour de LFSs?

I got my 14g biocube at the pet store in FSK Mall not even a week ago. They are a little pricy on the livestock about comparable to Rick's but the hardware is much cheaper.

Thanks for the heads up OniTweak. How was the livestock? Healthy?

His livestock looked pretty good. Had a pretty small selection though. All of his fun stuff was not for sale in his display tank. I really wanted to get the two clowns he had in his display tank but I haven't even started the cycle in my tank yet. His LR was a little pricy but he did have some base rock curing with some LR for $2 a #.

They have a lot of nice Livestock there now. Looks like they are straying away from dogs and FW and going towards SW

There's a pet loft in mt airy on rte 27 next to a walmart that is doing away with their salt water. they had 4 sw fish left and they were 50% off. one of them is a lion fish, one is a sargent major damsel i think and i forget what the other 2 were. they also had a small bin of figi live rock. not sure if anything is left as i was there last week.

I just picked up a few things from BRK. If you guys are into Rics they have some AMAZING frags!!! I brought 2 home with me along with a coral I'm not sure about. The name or type that is. They also have some of the new ORA corals in stock and looking amazing. I have a red tabling acro set aside that I'm going to pick up next week. Just thought I would share

I'm new to this site, but I do know of a great shop outside of Urbana, MD.

Aquatic Creations Limited
2909 Urbana Pike
Ijamsville, MD 21754
301-831-8200

They have a HUGE SUPPLY OF fw and sw tanks, lots of great tanks, dry goods, and the people are pretty knowledgable (at least they used to be when I dealt with them). Usually worth a stop in to check them out. They even deal with prize koi, large filtration systems, outside ponds, etc....
Let me know what you guys think!

Tiffany

I second this. The tanks are SUPERBLY cleaned, and they have a great selection.

http://www.aquaticcreationsltd.com/aboutus.htm

saltfish01_l.jpg

It's definately time to plan another trip. I hear good things about pacific east aquaculture, but man that looks like a hike.

I want to hit Mr. Coral as well and check it out, but I wasn't able to go a few weeks ago. They're now offering 20% discounts to WAMAS members.

Back
Top Bottom