Local Fish Stores

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is a haul!! I've wanted to go out there as well. I think Ray has been before also. From the pics I have seen of the place it looks amazing!

Let me know when you plan on going I'll try and get together with you and go too!

The more and more I think about it, I think the more and more I'm gonna do it. Gotta check with the wifey on weekend adventure availability first, though.

Be sure to give them a call before heading out. I'm pretty sure they are open to the public on Saturdays. When I went though, they had some wierd hours, not sure if that's changed or not.

Their website states Saturday 11-5. I'll call to confirm. I'm going to start a new thread on interest for a road trip this weekend.

So Mr. Corals was great to go to. Got 2 great looking frags that are doing wonders in my tank.

Also Toda's Pet Store in FSK mall has gone down the drain bad. They are hiring so someone can go in there and make it better.

******************10/11/08***************

There are a few of us meeting up at BRK on Saturday the 11th. If any of you guys want to join us that would be great! We haven't nailed down a time as yet so suggestions would help. I know they open at 10am on Saturday so anytime after that will work.

Hellathafish and I are planning on meeting up at BRK. I have had one suggestion of 2pm from Neilan who would like to join us but has to work. He gets off at 2 and could meet us there after work.

Anyone else want to come please post here so we can get an idea of who is coming.

I'll bring some Cheato and caulerpa for those that want some. It will be loaded with pods stars and other critters. Please let me know so I know how much to bring.

Hey, let's keep this thread to the LFS review section.

I didn't read through the whole thread because I'm lazy but my all time favorite is Scales. It is the BEST fish store in the world. Friendly staff, everything is very clean, prices are pretty good, staff is knowlegable, very nice selection (not just your ordinary stuff) and they even quarantine the fish before they sell them. They have fresh, brackish and marine.

They're in Silver Spring. Montgomery County maybe?

Scales
744 Cloverly Street, Cloverly, MD 20905
Aquarium Store, Freshwater, Saltwater-SCALES Tropical Fish Warehouse

I'm not affiliated with them but I love a good lfs when I see one!

Hey CaptMicha. Yep, Scales has been mentioned here quite a few times and most of us have been there too I think. Really nice place :)

I really liked their big coral selection.

Welcome to AA :)

Back
Top Bottom