Looking for a good lfs in baltimore county

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqua315

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello! To my great dismay, my favorite and most reliable fish store Exotic Aquatics has moved away out of state. I went to my old lfs that I used before that Aquarium Depot only to find that they have severely downsized and don't have anywhere near the selection they used to. The PetSmart near me has good stock but they also don't have a huge selection. Are there any other stores in the Baltimore County area that have a good healthy selection?

HOT, is by far the best in Maryland. I have been going to them for over 5 years. HUUUUUUGE selection of cichlids. And tons of FW/SW fish as well. It is a tad over priced but I have never lost a fish from them due to illness I couldn't see. I'll even feed my fish feeders from them. Sometimes even with out a QT.

You can follow them on Facebook as they promote every tuesday sales, and give info on new stock that's coming in.

Yup... Made my mind up. I'm going there today now after I get a haircut.

some of the former staff (owners?) of exotic aquatics have started another store called cteaquatics in timonium. unfortunately there are getting out of the freshwater business and will focus on sw. i went there, not too much fw left. the sw stock looked great though. i'm tempted to start my own sw tank sometime soon. i'm worried about this store though. getting out of fw must mean that business is poor. also their location is not that great. but maybe there are enough diehard SW aquarists that are out there to keep this store alive.

new store in Baltimore

There's a new LFS in Baltimore (Northeast in Rosedale) called Go Fish. It looks promising, great selection of rainbows. lots of plants.

downside- it's a little cramped. there are 4 tiers of tanks, so it's hard to see the top ones. possibly, overpriced and you have to buy pairs of rainbows $22+/pair.

i wish these ma and pop stores wouldn't waste space stocking fish that are easily available at Petco-smart for cheaper. they should focus on fish that are harder to find.

this place has some SW too.

one of the workers is from exotic aquatics.

Cte aquatics is in timonium and house of tropicals is in glen burnie

Back
Top Bottom