Member profiles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just wanted to say Hi in the local forums, just posted a longish thread in the introduction section talking about my current setup. I'm keeping a running "blog" on Windows Live Spaces that should be link by my name. Hope to see you all around and like any Newb expect alot of dumb questions.

SB

Wow, welcome, you are just up the road from me!

My name is Chris and I live in Winchester Virginia and work in Springfield. I still consider myself a newbe but set up my first salt tank back in March.

So I have been a member of AA for a while but haven't been on much since I found other local forums. I figured I needed to check and see what was going on on the original forums I was on. Little did I know there was a local area forum on here as well.

Anyway My name is Chris and I have been in the fish game on and off for a while. Seems every time I set up a fresh water tank everything died off so I thought I'd give salt water a try (I know that must sound funny). It turns out I am better with salt water then with fresh water.

When I got on here I originally had a 5 gallon set up and was looking to build an aquarium from scratch. Well the dream of building an aquarium from scratch still hasn't happened but I hope it will with in the next year. I still have the 5 gallon (soon to be a part of a sump/fuge for a 30 gallon frag tank) as well as a 55 gallon. The 55 is going to be replaced by a drilled 55 soon. I hope.

The 55 has a K3, a Shkerry Aqua (generick K3) a HOB fitler (only to add flow), as of yesterday my sump is offline as my DIY overflow works good, but since I adjusted it the return either doesn't put out enough to keep up with it or to much so it flooded 3 times in one day. So I am looking to get a tank to drill of drill the one I have now. Anyway right now the sump is a cheap rubbermaid with a Rio HP17 and I can't remember the skimmer I have but it looks pretty big. I have lost 3 frags of coral since I got into the hobby the rest have seemed to grow out nicely. Anyway I am getting ready to frag down a few pieces to sell trade (would prefer to trade) so when I do I'll let you guys know what I have if anyones wants to swap.

By the way I see people saying next meeting on here can someone explain what meeting they are talking about?

Thanks.

Those were way back and most of those folks are not on here anymore. They lived close together and would go to different LFS. They even came down here to Richmond one time.

Well I thought I'd try since I saw this on here even though it was an old post. I still need to venture down that way some day so you can show me around those shops you told me about.

Hi Chris :wave: I've been out to winchester a few times and my wife has a great aunt that lives out there. it's quite a drive for me. my brother lives in harpers ferry and has a sw tank so might be interested in a frag swap or something. i guess it depends on what you have and if he has something you dont. it's always nice to meet other ppl interested in the hobby and talk shop though. i my self only have fresh water right now but some day hope to go into salt too.

That would be cool. I am always looking for more people in the hobby. My little girl has a fresh water with 3 glow fish and a suck fish. What kinds of coral does his have?

Haven't posted in this folder before, so thought I'd say hello. I'm located near Hanover, PA. I've got a 37 gal freshwater tetra community aquarium that I just recently turned into a fully planted tank.

New Here...sort of

Greetings all,

I had originally joined back in 2008 when I got my -tank in a box- 30 gal from Walmart. I had lurked for a while but never posted.

I am getting into it a little more and have some time to explore the hobby and the forums more fully.

I am in Baltimore.

Welcome aboard Barry. If you are ever in the Richmond area let me know. Post more often this time. We are here to help.

Hello everyone;
I'm from Richmond, Va and am returning to the aquarist hobby after a long absence. I'm finding it more exciting than ever. I have a 29 gallon tank with mollies (quantity changing as 1 of my females just had babies), 2 neon tetras, 2 guppies, 1 serpae tetra, 1 zebra danio, 1 platy, 2 mystery snails and live plants. I'm already planning for my next tank (just have to find a way to sneak it past my wife - she's says I tend to obsess). I look forward to sharing ideas and info from fellow members.

Hi everyone! I'm Vanessa and I only recently became an aquarium hobbyist in the past year.

Right now I have a new 37 gallon marineland tank that currently houses 4 reticulated hillstream loaches, 5 pristella tetras, 2 butterfly hillstream loaches, 6 RCS and probably a billion MTS. Later on I think I'm going to add 6 Kerri tetras, if I can ever get my hands on some.

I live in the Virginia Beach area. I'm excited to talk to other aquarium enthusiasts in my area and trade tips and advice on my new tank.

Just thought I'd update my status. Since I last posted I've added another 60 gallon tank with angels, rainbows, dwarf gouramis, cories, tetras, rasboras, otos and snails. The bad thing is I just finished pricing out everything I want for my dream 125 gallon planted discus tank - it came out to a whopping $6000. Of course that's the dream tank with everything brand new and every accessory you can think of.

Back
Top Bottom