Merge with Central Va?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm ok with them merging the two if that's what they want to do. But most going's ons in central virginia are just to far for me, which is why I asked for this forum to be created.

I just think it might spark more of a lively board. I was talking to mel about this. Hee hee, so far we are winning by the most responses! LOL! JJ!

I don't see why we can't have a WV/MD/VA regional...I made a comment about doing a monthly or maybe a bi-monthly get together a few days back, I'm sorry I haven't had time to really put together any ideas I've had a sick son, but I would like to throw it out there again and see what you all think. I like the idea of the WV/MD/VA forum because we all seem to be a pretty close knit group and are willing to accomidate one another. I will try and spend some time later today when I get home and get up to think about some ideas and things we could do as a group. Any and all ideas that you all have would be great!!

The reason I asked to have this forum made (sure I already posted this) is because most things in VA are just to far for me and I felt folks in my area needed a forum for things just in MD/WV area. I've approved some VA (assumed northern VA) members to help accommodate folks close by but it was intended to be for the folks who really didn't have a forum because of the distance with the central VA. I don't see how merging with central VA will help spur anything since it's inconvienent for the folks this one was created for. If the central VA area is closest for you, you should ask to be added to that forum. I don't think you have to be limited to one forum. ;)

I agree with Cindy. Our forum is actually the most active out of them all (cause we rock!). I don't think merging the two together would be neccesary. But perhaps we can change the name to W.MD/WV/N.VA if that would help. :) Hows that for a title?

Ziggy, nobody is in a hurry I don't think, so take your time! I think it's cool that you're volunteering to set such a thing up.

Devilishturtles said:
But perhaps we can change the name to W.MD/WV/N.VA if that would help. :) Hows that for a title?

I totally understand where you all are coming from but my problem with this is that there are already two other VA forums, a third would just be overkill. I don't mind a few N.VA folks being here cause we are close but I don't think we need to ad it to the title. I think folks will just sign up to the one they are closest too either way. Just as they have been. ;)

neilanh said:
Just as long as you don't kick us NOVA guys out. :p

lol no worries there. :)

Devilishturtles said:
But perhaps we can change the name to W.MD/WV/N.VA if that would help.
That was my vote, just so we could have a really long regional name! LOL! I liked the way Lindsay squeezed us little Wv'ers in the middle!

I think it should be newest to oldest! lol! I think I got my history right...

I don't think it really matters that much..Why mess with something that is working right? I'm putting together those ideas of mine and should have something together this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom