New Jersey? Where do you get your fish/supplies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey, there is a place in Pearl River, NY (Rockland County) about 20mins from the George Washington bridge, off the palisades Pkwy called BEITALS EXOTIC AQUARIUMS, here is there website: www.beitalsaquariums.com.....I've been to a couple of places in that area and I have to say this guy has the best selection. If your into exotic fish he can get them. They have a large selection of corals and fish plus a lot more. I'm new to this hobby and he has been very informative. You won't be disappointed.

Absolutely fish is a very nice LFS and they have been written up and won various awards for quality. I was just in there the other day and they had show size tangs and angels - awesome!

Cheers!
Pete R,

I just went to the Aquarium Discount Pet Center on Sunday and I was very disappointed! They claimed to have 10s of thousands of salt water fish but they had maybe 15 tanks and they were kind of expensive, not only that but the store was a mess! I live right around the corner from the Aquarium Center on Blackwood-Clementon and I'm not too crazy about that place either. Was just there tonight infact. They had 4 fish laying dead in tanks...including one of my precious porcupine puffers. The staff is unhelpful and the fish just don't look so great to me.

Absolutely Fish home page has a directions link. I used live about 5 minutes from there. I feel a quick road trip coming up.

Phyl, what didn't you like about The Reefs? I haven't been there for a few months so maybe things have changes, but their tanks were always pristine and the livestock of excellent quality. They would hang onto a fish I wanted for 2-3 weeks so I was sure about it and could it see it eat. Never had a problem with a fish I got there.

I'll agree that Aquarium discount pet center doesn't have a great many tanks but their prices are pretty decent. Also, they are probably the most helpful of any store in the area.

Aquarium center on blackwood clementon is less friendly but usually has much more fish available.

The place on 70 has the least selection with the worst service...imho. But each of the stores will usually have a good deal if you stop by often enough.

STAY away from CRAIG BIETEL'S in the Pearl River, NY area. He has a lot of fish, but sick one's, and has a big show room, but has NO customers service skills ( VERY UNPROFESSIONAL). I will never recommend a friend to him again! STAY AWAY!!!

I have a guy who not only gets me whatever I want, but he drives it to my house!! Great for me since I don't drive.

Anyway, he's based out of Medford NJ (website: seatrademarine.com). He gets his live shipments in once a week and makes his drop off rounds right from Philly airport. I know he goes up to the Princeton area, so i'm sure he'd hit your area.

I've been very happy with him.

Spin

DeNero1331 said:
AQUARIUM DISCOUNT PET CENTER INC
140 N ROUTE 73 N, MARLTON, NJ 08053
Phone: (856) 985-1701

I don't remember the on on 70 and can't find a listing for it. But it is right near the circle w/ rt 73 and less than a mile from the place on 73. They should both be in Marlton.

The one on Route 70 recently changed their name to "In living color"

I live about 5 minutes from Absolutely Fish. Although they r a little pricey you will not find a finer fish store. They know what they are talking about and carry everything u can imagine. If they don't have it they will get it for you and i have seen some fish in there that you cannot find anywhere else. I am there about twice a week usually, i know a lot of the employees from going in so much and they all know there stuff. I am currently waiting on a Queen Angel that they ordered for me because the ones they had in the store weren't the size that i was looking for. I can't say enough good things about these guys. It's a great store.

Back
Top Bottom