New Petsmart in Williamsburg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youronlysin

Aquarium Advice FINatic
The new Petsmart is finally open in Williamsburg. Its on Monticello, right off of Route 199. Nice store, about the same as every other Petsmart. I was very impressed to see the new Betta homes though; a seperate tank that spans the wall the entire length of the rest of their aquariums. It is probably 8 inches square on the cross section, but its length is seperated into individual compartments for each fish. The dividers arent see through so the fish cant see each other and the whole thing is filtered as a unit. I understand that its probably mainly for marketing reasons that Petsmart did this, as the fish are more visible now, but it really is cool that the Bettas are finally getting better care in the store. I would like to see them get away from stacking the small betta cups on the shelf too, but Im sure they'll get there in time. One of the employees stated that all of the Petsmart stores were going to be installing the betta tank, but this is the first I've seen. Heritage Humane Society has cats for adoption on site, They have a great dog grooming facility and what looks almost like vet clinic....I havent seen one at any other store yet, must be a pet doctor on site. All the rest is normal big chain store stuff. Its nice to have the chain store closer to home for all the non specialized stuff you need, though.

Back
Top Bottom