Next WAMAS Meeting - Whos going?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfreek

Aquarium Advice Addict
Below is the pressrelease on the next meeting. I know its short notice but I just got the news myself. Tentivly I plan on going. Anyone want to car pool with me just contact me prior to Friday the 25th so I can arrange a meeting location and time.

The Winter Meeting of The Washington Area Marine Aquarist Society (WAMAS) will be on Saturday February 26, 2005 from 2:00-5:00 p.m. Kilmer Middle School, 8100 Wolftrap Road, Vienna, Virginia 22182 (immediately outside Washington, DC)

Our featured special guest speaker is Steven Pro. Steven will be giving a presentaion on "Selecting Healthy Fish." Steven is a is a well know speaker and has given several presentations to local clubs and large conferences on numerous reef topics.

Steven is currently the proprietor of Pro Aquatic Services Company, an aquarium sales and maintenance business in Pennsylvania. He has long been active in the retail and hobby sides of the ornamental aquatics industry. Steven has taken an active and impassioned role in the industry as a member of the Pittsburgh Marine Aquarium Society, Inc. for the past seven years, having also been elected to the Board of Directors for the last five years. He has also been a member of the Greater Pittsburgh Aquarium Society, Inc. as well as previously serving a one-year stint on the Board of Directors of the American Marine-life Dealers Association.

Along with Dr. Mac, lots of frag swapping, and a great raffle, this is sure to be a meeting NOT to miss!

For further information on WAMAS and the Winter Meeting, visit our web site http://www.wamas.org/

Who: W.A.M.A.S. (Washington Area Marine Aquarium Society)
When: February 26, 2005 (Saturday)
Time: 2:00 P.M. - 5:00 P.M. (EST)
Where: Kilmer Middle School
8100 Wolftrap Road
Vienna, Virginia 22182
Cost: Members - Free / Non-members - $6.00
[Annual Membership = $20 - Individual; $35 - Family]

Agenda
2:00 - 2:30 Sign in and Socializing
2:30 - 3:00 Election results & State of the Club Address by President Steve Howard
3:00 - 3:30 Round robin introduction of all members and their systems
3:30 - 4:30 Steven Pro - "Selecting Healthy Fish"
4:30 - 5:00 Raffle
5:00 Adjourn

Special guests
- Steven Pro
- Dr. Mac's Pacific East Aquaculture
- Geocorals - George aka "geofloors"

Miscellaneous
- Light refreshments and snacks will be provided.
- Raffle prizes: coral frags; gift certificates;

Google maps says 2 1/2 hours so I plan on leaving around 11am and returning between 7:30 and 8pm.

Mapquest says 1 1/2 hrs for me. Although, it's to early for me to really commit to going, I may be there. (if I try to plan going, it won't happen. if I spontaneously say hey lets go... I'll be there. lol)

Yippie. If you due on the spur of the moment decide to go hopefully we can find eachother in the crowd and say hello.

Definately. :D

If we go, it will be a family thing. I never go anywhere without them, is having my kids gonna be a problem?

How old are they kids? Wont be an issue if they can sit still and/or quietly entertain themselves during the speakers. I think students get free admission.

Well, one is 9 and the other 20 months. Hmm. The baby could be a problem. I'll figure something out.

Well, tomorrow is out for me. :(
The baby has been fighting a cold all week and if that wasn't enough, my daughters cheer coach called to say they would be doing their make-up class tomorrow. (they missed class last week) Classes won't be over til 1. That doesn't give me enough time to get there by 2.

Well, I didn't want to show up at the meeting late so I didn't go. But, I left here a little after 1pm and headed for the eastern shore. Dr. Mac & Sons. I got there around 4:15pm and they were closing at 5:00. LOL I'll post a new thread on my visit. But, it wasn't a wasted day. :D

Sounds great. Dr. Mac was to be at the WAMAS meeting but apparently his wifes mother passed away on Wed. Was Dr. Mac there when you got there Cindy?

THe meeting was great. I got to meet austinsdad as well as hear a wonderful presention on things to consiter when selecting fish.

Yes, he showed up at closing time and we talked to him for a bit. They said they weren't able to make it to the meeting but didn't say why. That's a bummer.
Hopefully we can make the next meeting. I hate to plan anything though. As you can tell. :D

Back
Top Bottom