Northern Virginia And D.C. Aquarium Societies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am hoping to get to the PVAS next week. They sound like a good group.

Hello from Woodbridge!

Hello All! My name's Jonathan, and I just joined today! I live in Woodbridge Virginia and just wanted to see how many other cichlid enthusiasts there are nearby! To contribute to this thread, have you guys tried KG Tropicals in King George Virginia? I happened to stumble on their YouTube channel and have been a fan of their channel ever since. I've been wanting to make a trip down there so bad to get my cichlid tank started, but in a recent video, the store owner, John, said that they will soon be closing their store to walk-ins and only do store visits by appointment. Apparently, they're making much more money through online sales, and they're having a difficult time juggling both the store and the online sales department. In any case, you should check his YouTube channel out if you haven't already!

Anyway, yeah, I just retired from the US Air Force, and have been dying to get back into the fishkeeping hobby. It was difficult at best to keep fish, while getting deployed all the time, and having to move to another base every 2-4 years. But now that I know I'll be staying put for a very long time, I can finally get back into it! So, I just wanted to say "hello" and I look forward to meeting fellow "cichlid-heads" in the area!

Hello All! My name's Jonathan, and I just joined today! I live in Woodbridge Virginia and just wanted to see how many other cichlid enthusiasts there are nearby! To contribute to this thread, have you guys tried KG Tropicals in King George Virginia? I happened to stumble on their YouTube channel and have been a fan of their channel ever since. I've been wanting to make a trip down there so bad to get my cichlid tank started, but in a recent video, the store owner, John, said that they will soon be closing their store to walk-ins and only do store visits by appointment. Apparently, they're making much more money through online sales, and they're having a difficult time juggling both the store and the online sales department. In any case, you should check his YouTube channel out if you haven't already!

Anyway, yeah, I just retired from the US Air Force, and have been dying to get back into the fishkeeping hobby. It was difficult at best to keep fish, while getting deployed all the time, and having to move to another base every 2-4 years. But now that I know I'll be staying put for a very long time, I can finally get back into it! So, I just wanted to say "hello" and I look forward to meeting fellow "cichlid-heads" in the area!

First, thanks for your service!
I'm in MD, but I have been to KG once and got like 10 fish from them.
They are amazing family business. I was lucky to get them on a slow day and they spent like 2h with me and my kids. They even helped my daughter name all the fish. LOL.
They have amazing fish. expensive but amazing.
they now do appointments only for coming to the store.
Check out the Capital Cichlid Association and consider joining.
capitalchichlids.org
This is a tight community in the DC metro area. Very helpful people and all Cichlids lovers. We meet once a month in MD.

Welcome and good luck with your tank.

Hey FrankoQ! Thanks for the CCA reccomendation! I'm trying to register now, and the website is asking me for the username of the person reffering me to this organization. If you don't mind me dropping your name, what is your username?

Hey FrankoQ! Thanks for the CCA reccomendation! I'm trying to register now, and the website is asking me for the username of the person reffering me to this organization. If you don't mind me dropping your name, what is your username?

My id there is frankoq. the same as here.
see you there and hope to meet you for the june meeting.
If anything, I can do for you, just send me a PM.

Take care,
Frank

Saltwater

Hi everyone, I'm located in Alexandria and looking for a good saltwater store. My favorite was SuperPetz in Annandale. they moved and I understand they have not started selling fish yet. Right now I do all my shopping either at Petco or mail order. I hate paying the shipping cost of mail order. If anyone knows of a decent place in the NoVa I would love to hear about it. Thanks all.

I was a member of CCA and PVAS some years ago, both nice groups with great, friendly members. I was out of the hobby for a while and let my memberships expire but I'm thinking about rejoining PVAS. Anyone else here in member?

I was a member of CCA and PVAS some years ago, both nice groups with great, friendly members. I was out of the hobby for a while and let my memberships expire but I'm thinking about rejoining PVAS. Anyone else here in member?

I am. Joined in February. Met some nice folks. I believe the big auction is on April 19th. 8 riveting hours of good deals.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hi everyone, I'm located in Alexandria and looking for a good saltwater store. My favorite was SuperPetz in Annandale. they moved and I understand they have not started selling fish yet. Right now I do all my shopping either at Petco or mail order. I hate paying the shipping cost of mail order. If anyone knows of a decent place in the NoVa I would love to hear about it. Thanks all.

I usually go to quantuam reefs (springfield), blue ribbon koi (by manassas) or petland (fairfax)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Joined CCA again, hard to believe I originally joined the group in 2006. Msjinkzd is speaking at the meeting this Saturday so I'm hoping to go!

Back
Top Bottom