Playsand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roka64

Aquarium Advice Addict
Sorry if this is a double post, but has anyone found any aquarium playsand in this area?

Thanks

Nevermind, I found out, it fizzles a LOT!!

I actually broke down and bought the sand from LFS. I was looking today and THINK there is some at the Home Depot in Ashburn, Va...Next to Dullas airport. I did not have any vinegar with me, so I couldn't make completely sure. It was pure white desert sand. When I go back to work on Monday, I'll doublecheck. You want me to pick yuo up some if it is good?

No, but thanks for the offer. I was just wanting you to post it for anyone else who may be looking. ;)

Will do! I will check on Monday at the Home Depot in Ashburn!

Well, I took off this past Friday, in search of aragonite playsand. I went to Wal-Mart, 84 Lumber, Home Depot, some Rock and Tile place and did not find any playsand in the Charles Town area. I did find 5LBs at Gowers Feed, in C-Town, it is colored and a little over $3/5Lbs bag. I asked if they had other colors. They only had black but could get blue/white/red(I think). I got them to order me 25LBs of bluse and they offered me a 10% discount, so I took it.

On a side note, they have tropical fish, no SW. But had a good bit of stuff, even for cats/dogs horses and livestock.
On another side note, they were VERY helpful and VERY friendly!

Back
Top Bottom