power outages MD/DC/VA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smcoyle87

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So that was a pretty random and powerful "land hurricane" last night wasn't it??!
Who else doesn't have power? What should we do?

I'm sooo very thankful I didn't lose power! I live in fredericksburg, so if you wanna you can set your tanks up at my place ;) lol! Good luck. I was freaking out at the thought of a major power outage.

So that was a pretty random and powerful "land hurricane" last night wasn't it??!
Who else doesn't have power? What should we do?
Keep the surface water agitated with a wooded spoon or something similar to disperse gases and oxygenate the water and you should be ok

I live in Fredericksburg too. My power wine tout and is still out. The worst part is I leave for a week long vacation tomorrow. I hope my power is back before I have to leave my tanks.

FallenRedeemer said:
I live in Fredericksburg too. My power wine tout and is still out. The worst part is I leave for a week long vacation tomorrow. I hope my power is back before I have to leave my tanks.

Oh boy! Good luck on that. I hear half our city is in the dark. What part of fburg if you don't mind me asking?

I'm up off route 17 near the geico building. I was able to find 2 battery powered air pumps so that will help them. Was quite a trip to get them though.

FallenRedeemer said:
I'm up off route 17 near the geico building. I was able to find 2 battery powered air pumps so that will help them. Was quite a trip to get them though.

Oh ok, you're across town from me. We live in the Lee's Hill area. I know what you mean, as if our traffic wasnt bad enough on a normal day, Just going to Lowes which is about 2 miles took me about a full 45 minutes this morning. Hope your power is back on!

Traffic was pretty bad today while I ran to all the pet stores around here looking for the air pumps. Unfortunately my power is still out. But if it's not on before I leave my tanks should kick on by themselves. All I know is first thing I'm doing when I get on the boat tomorrow is taking a shower

Yeah I'm in PG county. Whole city of Bowie is dark. I've been just using a red cup and scooping water and then putting it back in a couple of times every hour or so. Seems to be working. How about that wind though?! Jesus!

Richmond Va area here. It was a rough storm but luckily the power did not go off. I lost 5 fish that were at least 14 yrs old when the last hurricane came through. Got to have a generator.

I live in springfield, va and my power was out for a couple hours. Just started my first saltwater tank and I just finished cycling the tank so I had some cuc in there. Ended up losing 2 snails.

is there any other things we could get to prepare for a power outage?

Charlottesville, VA, lost power for a full day, no backup. All my fish survived, and everything went better than expected,

I live in springfield, va and my power was out for a couple hours. Just started my first saltwater tank and I just finished cycling the tank so I had some cuc in there. Ended up losing 2 snails.

is there any other things we could get to prepare for a power outage?

Back up battery (or computer UPS battery back up)

I read that the ups backup won't last longer than 15 to 30 minutes. The purpose to just to allow you time to save your work on your computer and shut down properly.

ok not in your area in chicago lost power 8 hours only not like any of you.... but i have a backup for my pc and it ran my air pump with no problem for the whole time of course it was the only thing on the supply but do recommend it ....

See more products

itemdetail-video-thumb.png

C910-1258-main01-jc.jpg

CyberPower 8-Outlet / 685VA / 390Watt / UPS with AVR

i use it on pc and components but run a line just for the air supply plan on getting a bigger one to replace so i can run power heads to

Back
Top Bottom