PVAS: "The Diversity of Nano Fishes"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fresh2o

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was perusing MsJinkzd site and came across this: Rachel O'Leary will be presenting "The Diversity of Nano Fishes" on Saturday, Feb. 7th at 1 PM EST in Fairfax, VA. Hosted by the Potomac Valley Aquarium Society (PVAS).
PVAS Calendar of Events
PVAS Monthly Meetings
I'm not a member of PVAS but this sounds interesting. Members can bring items to sell. Meeting include program, door prize, raffle, refreshments, and mini-auction.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I used to be a member years ago, was a good group. Meetings were in MD then, unfortunately now it's too far for me to attend :(

Not too far for me!
I used to belong to the MAKC (Mid-Atlantic Koi Club). Had to travel to Olney, MD for meetings. That was when we had newsletters and before email.

Yup, complete opposite for me...could get to Olney in 30 minutes or so. I'd really like to go to Saturday's meeting, maybe I could talk the spouse into taking me....

Might be able to make it, I'm all the way down near Charlotte, NC so if maybe my brother or parents could take me that would be cool. But I probably can't. Anyway, have fun guys!

NIls

Me: "Honey, I'm going to Home Depot for fours hours."
Wife: "Uh, okay. Have fun"
Jk. If I go I'll take notes and pics.

I used to belong to CCA and attended their meetings. They were a lot of fun and so informative, some of my kids would even go with me and help bid on auctions.

Not too far for me!
I used to belong to the MAKC (Mid-Atlantic Koi Club). Had to travel to Olney, MD for meetings. That was when we had newsletters and before email.

Are you planning on going? I might actually try talking the spouse into it, I certainly supported his interests over the years :rolleyes:

I'm still at the auction. This is the place to get fish and plants! Sweet deals to be had. Got to speak with Rachel (MsJinkzd) and she introduced me to a local blue eye (insert fish name here) breeder. Her talk on nano fish were specifically hill stream. Very informative! So nice to speak with someone in person. I got her last business card.
I left with some freebies and door prizes.
Next auction I need to bring a big cooler (they were auctioning those as well). This will be a great outlet for my plant trimmings.

Back
Top Bottom