Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic & the Virginia's
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-16-2004, 03:00 PM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

I think this is a great idea, and everyone benefits. You can rent or loan unused equipment, trade fish, frags, whatever. I am really hoping to get a FW club going.

TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 02:38 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular

Well I've hosted a couple small get togethers so far, and things have gone pretty well. A lot of people expressed interest, a lot fewer actually attended (which is to be expected I suppose ), but overall attendance has been increasing. Its been extremely informal so far with turn outs of 8-10 people, but a lot of good information and frags have been traded. A couple of the attendees expressed interest in hosting something similar, so if anyone is interested in further updates just PM me your email address, and I will try to contact you with info if a date is set. I personally do not have the time or desire right now to work on making this into anything more formal than it currently is (guest speakers, meeting halls, memberships etc.), but if others are interested in doing so, thats excellent. So far things have been SW oriented, with frag trading probably being the biggest draw, but I'm definitely not opposed to FW participation. Comments, questions, concerns?

Kris, haven't heard from you in quite a while. How is the tank doing?

Old 03-09-2004, 12:09 PM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

I am interested in a FW division of the club as long as I am not the onliest one! I know there are FW aquarists in this town, I just need to find them. I am getting ready to move this spring and will probably have quite a few plants and possibly some fry that I will want to unload.

As far as the SW end of it goes, I think it is a great idea to leave it loose and let it develop slowly over time, rather than create a formal meeting schedule. A schedule will naturally develop as the membership increases. I have heard of clubs that meet on a rotating basis at the homes of the members, so that is cool.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:57 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

Meet on sunday at 6pm. PM me for details.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:00 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Regular

How did the meeting turn out?
Old 06-11-2004, 05:40 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Regular

The meet went very well, had a turn out of around 10 people. We traded/sold some frags and then went to another members house to check out his display tank and prop. setup. Nothing scheduled for the future yet, but a couple people have expressed interest in hosting at their houses.
Old 06-12-2004, 02:42 PM   #17
AA Team Emeritus

I am impressed - 10 people is not a bad turnout.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:47 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Regular

Meeting tenatively scheduled for either the first Thursday or Sunday in August. Hope to have an exact date pinned down by the end of the week. If you're interested in attending either post here or send me a PM. Also, feel free to voice your preference for Thursday or Sunday.

Brandon
Old 07-20-2004, 09:50 AM   #19
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Any one of you willing to drive over to Staunton is more than welcome to our AA meet on Aug 14th.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 06:15 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I just joined this regional group and would be interested. I just got started with reef so I would be a frag buyer and not a trader at this point. I've been a fishkeeper for over 20 years. Been frequenting Fishworld and Richmond Aquarium out here in Chesterfield.

46g SW, 65 lbs Fiji LR, 4" Aragamax DSB, Coralife 2X96w CF, CPR Bakpak II, CPR Aquafuge 12 w/ 2x9 Coralife Mini Aqualight, 4 Maxijet 600's, PCI 200W Titanium Heater, 2 Blue Green Chromis, 1 Gold Bar Maroon Clown, 1 Purple-Stripe Dottyback, Finger Leather, Trumpets, Rose Coral Open-Brain, Pagoda Cup, Xenia, Star Polyps, Yellow Polyps, Various Mushrooms, Toadstool Leather, 12 Astraea, 10 Nassarius, 4 Bumble Bee, 6 Cerith Snails, 12 Red Tip Hermits.
phases99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com