any NC folks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update my tank and plants after 3 weeks...

Attachments

• image-659008834.jpg
    image-659008834.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 97
  • image-586212250.jpg
    image-586212250.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 84
  • image-1227097603.jpg
    image-1227097603.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 103
  • image-3685989435.jpg
    image-3685989435.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 96
  • image-1289069151.jpg
    image-1289069151.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 71
Looking good! I was just up your way last weekend. Found some sweet dw at Fintastics.

Thanks...wat kind of DW did u get in Fintastic? I still have these DW in my tank but about to take it out to do another aquascape...:)

Attachments

• image-1005928730.jpg
    image-1005928730.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 78
junglefowl said:
Update my tank and plants after 3 weeks...

What kid of snail is that and does it eat your plants?? I have such a hard time keeping snails because of co2 the carbonic acid (low ph) eats their shells.

pleechford said:
What kid of snail is that and does it eat your plants?? I have such a hard time keeping snails because of co2 the carbonic acid (low ph) eats their shells.

It is red apple snail...really hard to die...fast breeders lol...I brought them here from Vietnam...I only saw one when I set up my tank 3 weeks ago...and now there are more than 30 of them...they only eat algae, not plant...

Attachments

• image-3417667529.jpg
    image-3417667529.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 96
  • image-2823534026.jpg
    image-2823534026.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 84
  • image-1372964485.jpg
    image-1372964485.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 81

I have the same issue. They breed like crazy, but then die before they get very big. I have tons of little baby ones everywhere though. Gonna be a nice treat for my Dwarf Puffer soon!

Thanks...wat kind of DW did u get in Fintastic? I still have these DW in my tank but about to take it out to do another aquascape...:)

I'm really wanting a piece that branches, but I couldn't find one there that I really wanted and that wasn't screwed to a piece of slate. They had shelves full of some really good pieces though that could be put together to make a nice looking arrangement. They were super cheap too, which was sort of strange. One of the employees told me they had just received a huge shipment, so they were on sale. I picked up a few nice looking angels in the process. They are doing great so far. Their fish looked really good. I was impressed. I have family in Waxhaw, so I'm up that way quite a bit, but I've only been in there once before. Any other good fish shops in the area?

We are talking to a kid in Black Mountain ATM. We can get the plants from him cheaper than the at petsmart or the pet supermarket in Asheville (drove there today to check prices) got a test kit today also. And bubble wand for my new 10gal for my betta. :)

How's the build going?

Reygan2 said:
I have the same issue. They breed like crazy, but then die before they get very big. I have tons of little baby ones everywhere though. Gonna be a nice treat for my Dwarf Puffer soon!

Yeah it blows! But yeah that'll be a good snack!!!

Reygan2 said:
I'm really wanting a piece that branches, but I couldn't find one there that I really wanted and that wasn't screwed to a piece of slate. They had shelves full of some really good pieces though that could be put together to make a nice looking arrangement. They were super cheap too, which was sort of strange. One of the employees told me they had just received a huge shipment, so they were on sale. I picked up a few nice looking angels in the process. They are doing great so far. Their fish looked really good. I was impressed. I have family in Waxhaw, so I'm up that way quite a bit, but I've only been in there once before. Any other good fish shops in the area?

Sorry to say that Fintastic is the only local fish store I know so far...they have nice fish and plants but a little expensive though

Is anyone from the raleigh area?! I can't find any good shops that sells plants.

image-2879943843.jpg

Here's a shot of my tank.

Wow, very nice scaping! Do you inject C02? What type of lighting are you using?

Reygan2 said:
Wow, very nice scaping! Do you inject C02? What type of lighting are you using?

Thank you! Yep I sure do! I have a 5lb co2 tank with a Milwaukee regulator (~3bpm). I use T5HO 2 bulb 24 watt (geisemann bulbs (well worth the money)) 1 aquaflora and 1 6500k. The tank is a 25 gallon tall.

pleechford said:
Thanks! I use 100% Eco-complete. 40 pounds of it haha

I was thinking of buying Eco complete for my 10gal tank too...the black will look good for the background...is it good for growing plants?

junglefowl said:
I was thinking of buying Eco complete for my 10gal tank too...the black will look good for the background...is it good for growing plants?

Yeah it'll look great! Yeah it's really good for plants. I've never had a problem with it.

Can Somebody please open up a second fish store in the southpark area please lol. My parents hate driving me all the way out to arsley for fintastic. Its a good stire and all but id rather pay 8 bucks for a bigger can of algae wafers at petsmart then pay 17 for half the size

Back
Top Bottom