Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Southern States
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #81
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BozziniINC
Can Somebody please open up a second fish store in the southpark area please lol. My parents hate driving me all the way out to arsley for fintastic. Its a good stire and all but id rather pay 8 bucks for a bigger can of algae wafers at petsmart then pay 17 for half the size
Try Nemos Reef on Sardis, but yes I agree we need more stores around here!

Old 11-02-2012, 05:37 PM   #82
Aquarium Advice Activist

Do they also have fw?

Old 11-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #83
Aquarium Advice Freak

It's a saltwater only store sadly, I wish I had the money to open up a store around here. I used to work for Fintastic haha.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #84
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleechford View Post
Thank you! Yep I sure do! I have a 5lb co2 tank with a Milwaukee regulator (~3bpm). I use T5HO 2 bulb 24 watt (geisemann bulbs (well worth the money)) 1 aquaflora and 1 6500k. The tank is a 25 gallon tall.
Just spotted the drop checker lol. I'm about to go pressurized, but I'm having some trouble deciding on a regulator. Do you like your Milwaukee? I heard Rex Grigg has been out of circulation for a while. I've read about needle valve issues with the Milwaukee's. Very nice setup!
Old 11-03-2012, 01:38 PM   #85
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reygan2

Just spotted the drop checker lol. I'm about to go pressurized, but I'm having some trouble deciding on a regulator. Do you like your Milwaukee? I heard Rex Grigg has been out of circulation for a while. I've read about needle valve issues with the Milwaukee's. Very nice setup!
Yeah Rex Grigg is hard to come by. I love my Milwaukee. I have never had an issue with the needle valve or solenoid. I've had mine running for over a year now. It's a great system. I recommend it. Thank you for your kind words! If you need any help with anything please let me know!
Old 11-03-2012, 05:17 PM   #86
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:

Nice! Are you planted?
Yes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121103_161703.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	129357
Old 11-03-2012, 10:39 PM   #87
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Yeah Rex Grigg is hard to come by. I love my Milwaukee. I have never had an issue with the needle valve or solenoid. I've had mine running for over a year now. It's a great system. I recommend it. Thank you for your kind words! If you need any help with anything please let me know!
I'll definitely take you up on that! I could also use some help with aquascaping as you can see lol I just switched my substrate to dirt with an eco complete cap, and I basically just threw the plants in to use up excess ammonia for now. I've got my work cut out for me, but I absolutely love the size and dimentions of this tank. I'm using a Finnex Fugeray LED fixture and my Eheim 2217 is due about Wed. of this week. Right now I'm only dosing excel because of all the nutrients in the Miracle Grow Organic mix, but I have dry ferts, and like I said, I'll be getting pressurized C02 asap. The substrate looks too deep in the pic, but it's only about 3 inches. The stand makes it look deeper.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	new40b.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	242.1 KB
ID:	129466  
Old 11-03-2012, 10:55 PM   #88
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:

I'll definitely take you up on that! I could also use some help with aquascaping as you can see lol I just switched my substrate to dirt with an eco complete cap, and I basically just threw the plants in to use up excess ammonia for now. I've got my work cut out for me, but I absolutely love the size and dimentions of this tank. I'm using a Finnex Fugeray LED fixture and my Eheim 2217 is due about Wed. of this week. Right now I'm only dosing excel because of all the nutrients in the Miracle Grow Organic mix, but I have dry ferts, and like I said, I'll be getting pressurized C02 asap. The substrate looks too deep in the pic, but it's only about 3 inches. The stand makes it look deeper.
Your tank looks great!! Yeah you'll have a big ammonia out break since you lost a lot of beneficial bacteria. It'll level out soon! Yeah that co2 will definitely boost your plants like none other! It's amazing the difference from a non co2 tank from a co2 tank. You will definitely be impressed. The deeper the substrate the better honestly. Mine is 4 and 5 inches in some places. I just bought some driftwood for my tank today I'm so stoked!

Name:	image-86188303.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	129470
Old 11-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #89
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Your tank looks great!! Yeah you'll have a big ammonia out break since you lost a lot of beneficial bacteria. It'll level out soon! Yeah that co2 will definitely boost your plants like none other! It's amazing the difference from a non co2 tank from a co2 tank. You will definitely be impressed. The deeper the substrate the better honestly. Mine is 4 and 5 inches in some places. I just bought some driftwood for my tank today I'm so stoked!

Attachment 129470
Luckily the ammonia has leveled out and is at a constant 0 now. I not only packed the tank with floaters and stems, I added more BB from an established filter to boost things along. I was using eco complete in the 29g and I loved it, but I just can't leave things alone lol...I had to try dirt. I didn't lose any fish during the process, so it was successful so far. I agree that C02 will definitely improve things. I'm still having an issue with tannins from the wood chips in the soil, plus the new dw isn't helping. I'm prob gonna pull it out and boil it. I may add some purigen to my filter after it arrives. This will be my first canister. I'm running 2 AC 70's on it now. Btw, very nice dw! You're not going to rearrange that gorgeous tank are you?
Old 11-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #90
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:

Luckily the ammonia has leveled out and is at a constant 0 now. I not only packed the tank with floaters and stems, I added more BB from an established filter to boost things along. I was using eco complete in the 29g and I loved it, but I just can't leave things alone lol...I had to try dirt. I didn't lose any fish during the process, so it was successful so far. I agree that C02 will definitely improve things. I'm still having an issue with tannins from the wood chips in the soil, plus the new dw isn't helping. I'm prob gonna pull it out and boil it. I may add some purigen to my filter after it arrives. This will be my first canister. I'm running 2 AC 70's on it now. Btw, very nice dw! You're not going to rearrange that gorgeous tank are you?
I don't know. I'm thinking about it because I just recently sold like most of my plants because I want different ones :p. I have a 10 gallon I'm about to start up. I'm going to make it a red cherry shrimp tank! I'm really stoked about it. I'm hoping have the tank set up well enough for them so they'll reproduce. Idk what kind of plants to put in there though. Low light for sure.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Southeast TN | - »