any NC folks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dwarf sagittaria is one of my favorites for low tech tanks. It's forming a nice carpet in my 55 gallon. We also have some sweet micro sword mats if you'd like some more of those. We don't have any four leaf clover atm, but we do have glossos, dwarf baby tears, and giant baby tears that all look pretty similar

Very nice! Thanks for the info.

Hey guys, thought I'd stop in here since it seems to be a little more active than usual haha.
I live in the Charlotte area and work at fintastic, so if any of you stop by I'd be happy to help you out. :>

Nice, I have xmas moss, wheeping moss, basil moss and red apple snails in my tank, I wonder if Fintastic would buy plants, snails or moss from a local seller

image-3530248693.jpg

How about dwarf 4 leaf clover? Someone on the forum suggested it. I have the Finnex FugeRay LED fixture on my 40b. I've had success with micro sword and dwarf hair grass, so I'm looking for more. I'm really wanting to find a low light carpet of some kind. Any suggestions? No C02 atm, but I do use ferts.

Hi Reygan2, is it the dwarf 4 leaf clover are you talking about?

image-288887361.jpg

How about this nice carpet plant, can someone help me ID this one? It has been grown a lot in my tank

image-2910636957.jpg

NORTH CAROLINA!! just wanted to say hey I'm new on here and just starting my first 20gal SW

I'm doing a 29 gallon planted tank. Found a tank and stand for $100 on Craigslist I'm going to check out this evening.

Nice. My first tank was a 29g. It took me a while but I finally found a balance between having nice plants/growth and an algae farm. I started out with too much light. Do you plan to inject C02?

Nice. My first tank was a 29g. It took me a while but I finally found a balance between having nice plants/growth and an algae farm. I started out with too much light. Do you plan to inject C02?
I'm keeping it low tech, though I will dose excel if I need to. I'm going to light it with a single FugeRAY, which will only provide about 30 PAR, I'd rather average/slow growth of low-light plants than dealing with an algae farm...my otos will only be able to eat so much!

I'm keeping it low tech, though I will dose excel if I need to. I'm going to light it with a single FugeRAY, which will only provide about 30 PAR, I'd rather average/slow growth of low-light plants than dealing with an algae farm...my otos will only be able to eat so much!

Haha yeah. I have a 36" FugeRay over my 40b and love it. It grows low/medium lights really well. No big algae issues either. I dose excel a few times a week. This tank is dirted. I get good but not annoying growth. My 40b isn't as tall as the 29 so my PAR is higher.

Back
Top Bottom