Any south louisiana folks????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Getting intense over here. WAFB on 98.1 is describing Grande Isle as all hell breaking loose and reporting 100 MPH gusts. Reporting massive damage already! Get ready........

So.....how did everyone make out. I lost 2 car and got 2' of water in my man cave/fish room.

Better than I expected. Didn't lose power and only minor damage. Tree fell down in my drive way and another in the backyard but other than that I was ok.

Jnthn932 said:
Better than I expected. Didn't lose power and only minor damage. Tree fell down in my drive way and another in the backyard but other than that I was ok.

Looks like you made out way better than me. Insurance company just came to pick up the cars. Waiting for the flood adjuster to make it out here.

Sorry to hear that man. Things aren't quite over yet though. All that water from north of us has to go somewhere.

cbourg746 said:
Looks like you made out way better than me. Insurance company just came to pick up the cars. Waiting for the flood adjuster to make it out here.

Sorry to hear that :/

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Sorry to hear that :/

Funny part of the whole thing is......I lost everything with hurricane Katrina. Moved 75 miles away to an area that is not suppose to flood and now I'm back to square one. At least this time it was way less than the previous loss.

All the flooding around here took everyone by surprise. I didn't get any water, other than a good bit of standing water in the yard. My house is raised, so it would take a good three feet for me to flood. I just lost power for a little over a week. A tree fell early Tuesday and took out my meter pole, so we had to wait for our landlord to put a new one up, which took a while as his house is near a river and he was dealing with all the rising waters. Once the pole was up Sunday, I had to wait until Tuesday afternoon for it to get connected. I should have Internet/cable connected today. My two larger tanks came out ok, no losses, but my 5 gallon invert tank crashed hard. Lost 4/5 marbled crayfish and quite a few snails. Lost all my frozen fish food, as well. The worst "damage" I got was not water or power related, though. During the storm it seems some creature or creatures took refuge in my walls and died. The whole place smells like a corpse.

Alyxx said:
All the flooding around here took everyone by surprise. I didn't get any water, other than a good bit of standing water in the yard. My house is raised, so it would take a good three feet for me to flood. I just lost power for a little over a week. A tree fell early Tuesday and took out my meter pole, so we had to wait for our landlord to put a new one up, which took a while as his house is near a river and he was dealing with all the rising waters. Once the pole was up Sunday, I had to wait until Tuesday afternoon for it to get connected. I should have Internet/cable connected today. My two larger tanks came out ok, no losses, but my 5 gallon invert tank crashed hard. Lost 4/5 marbled crayfish and quite a few snails. Lost all my frozen fish food, as well. The worst "damage" I got was not water or power related, though. During the storm it seems some creature or creatures took refuge in my walls and died. The whole place smells like a corpse.

Sorry for your loss.

I'm in Washington, LA. Most of what we got were trees and branches down.. and lots of rain. I just had to clear out my yard. My pop lost 2 trees. Sorry to hear that it was worse for some of you guys.

I feel so bad for my neighbor, she lost all of her goldfish in the power outage. She didn't have power off for nearly as long as I did, but she lost all four of hers. She had 4 large comets in a 10 gallon, though, so that probably had a lot to do with it. She was crushed.

Im in lake Chuck, well thats what we call it,lol sorry to hear about the damage, i know what your going through. i had 7in of water in the house and lost one car and Tons of furniture, guns, books, and photo albums.

Seems like areas that weren't supposed to get alot of damage were the hardest hit. I think the rebuilding of the levees around new Orleans forced all that water into areas around Baton Rouge. Thankfully in my neighborhood we didn't lose power but lost alot of trees. No fish casualties!! Here's some pics

Attachments

• image-2727148236.jpg
    image-2727148236.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 76
  • image-2749923408.jpg
    image-2749923408.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 74
  • image-2200762296.jpg
    image-2200762296.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 70
  • image-2886628537.jpg
    image-2886628537.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 84
Just retread my post and realized I forgot to mention that I lost all that during Rita. But yea those down oaks look like a familiar site

Back
Top Bottom