Anyone in StPete or Tampa? Wheres a good Local shop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pearsont74

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I looked around here in StPete and nothing. I will extend my search to Tampa and Clearwater but does anyone have any good spots?

a friend of mine lives in tampa and she goes to PetSmart... but its not really the best resource, i don't think she's been able to find a good local fish store. They don't even really carry any corydoras... and thats what she really wanted.

An old post I see, but Exotic Aquatics is good... Don't bother going to Nolan's, they are kinda dirty/livestock looks sick IMO. There are 2 good shops, one on US 19 northbound side in Palm Harbor, just opened... I don't have a name for them but a huge sign out front that says "Aquariums". Really nice/clean/healthy store... Another one at the border of Holiday/Tarpon Springs also on 19, but southbound side, they know their stuff and have a good selection. One more in Tarpon Springs on 19 southbound side in the PUBLIX/Panera Bread shopping center called Exotic Pets or something like that, very nice folks there too...

You might want to check out petmart. I go to the store at 4941 Busch in tampa, but they have a store at 9699 Bay Pines Blvd. They seem to have a ot of stuff for a LFS, and I love the coral selection. And the employees are very nice. I'll buy anything from a store with good customer service.

edit: OK, I found some others. one on hillsborough, by sheldon that had a good selection of stuf (they had excell, that's why I went out there.

But I found a great store on waters by Boulevard in tampa, fish World. it has every fresh water fish you could name. it is awesome. it has over 50 tanks, and every one of them is an individual tank, no spreading diseases!! they also have some huge Pacu's and huge Ciclids. I am so mad, that store is less than a mile from my office and I had no idea it was there. grrr

All old posts, but me, being a newbie, just found Animal House, the one on 34th St. N and 9th Ave. Two ppl there, Ron and Daniele seem to know what they're talking about. Also, just yesterday, the replaced their order for Bio-Spira...coming in soon and they keep in the fridge, of course. Nobody else has any. I ordered mine from DrsFosterand Smith tho'. overnight shipment....got a huge ammonia prob in my new tank :( Should help alot---hope. Good luck, Margo

The absolute best Marine store is Marine Warehouse off of Hillsborough Avenue in Tampa. Their fish, coral, and invert stock is excellent and their systems are maticulously kept. They have all the other product stock as well, but trust me, it is worth your trip to go there.

Thanks....

BTW, got my BioSpira from Foster and Smith, it arrived super cold and overnighted...put it in yesterday, and my poor ammonia laden fish are doing just fine. And the tank looks great. Will do an ammonia test later today, and hope to see an improvement. Sure appreciate your input. Margo:D

Hey, I am new to this forum and hobby, but have been to two very interesting LFSs. One in Brandon right off of 60 past the Dairy Queen (can't remember the name) and Fish World as mentioned above. My current 5 gallon set up was started with the store in Brandon and they were awesome help (guided me through the cycling process). Fish World has the cleanest tanks I have ever seen for a LFS and the staff there is so knowledgeable. I can't wait to revamp my current 5 gallon hex and start up a new 5 gallon long so that I can go to them for plants and fish....they just had so many options to chose from and a lot of information to give.

Tabatha
5 gallon Eclipse hex (Walmart kit) with Coralife 50/50 upgraded bulb
1 platy, 1 glo-fish, 1 clown pleco, a ton of sails, and 2 plants

Tampa Bay Aquarium Society Auction Sept 27th

I looked around here in StPete and nothing. I will extend my search to Tampa and Clearwater but does anyone have any good spots?

The Tampa Bay Aquarium Society invites you to

our 10th ANNUAL
TROPICAL FISH AUCTION
SEPTEMBER 27th, 2008

Time: Noon - 6:00 PM
Doors Open at 9:00 AM

Directions:
LAKEWOOD HIGH SCHOOL
CAT AUDITORIUM
(far west building of the high school . . . 16th Street)
1400 54th Ave South
ST. PETERSBURG, FLORIDA 33705

This auction features primarily freshwater fish and plants from local club members, hobbyists, farmers and breeders

We're splittin the take

50/50 split if you bring in fish & plants for the auction on auction day Saturday
60/40 split in your favor if you register your fish & plants EARLY

You can register and read the rules at:

TBAS 2008 Annual Auction

Regular Tampa Bay Aquarium Society meets Second Monday at the Florida Aquarium 7:30 PM
Bring a friend

Back
Top Bottom