Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Southern States

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-03-2004, 01:26 PM   #11
AA Team Emeritus
elf, things are looking a little better for you there in Miami, I think! Who knows if you could even get out if you had to, based on the reports of evacuations in progress. No gas, no food in the stores, no money at the ATM - what a mess!

When my power was out for that eternity last summer I had a 55, a 44, a 15, a 12 a 10 and a 5gal. I was a busy bee! We did get a generator - that experience was the clincher.

TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 10:23 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to Lance M.
The storm is like 300 miles wide.... That is insane . With hurrcane force winds extending 100 miles from the eye... It's only a category 3 now though.

Lance M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 11:56 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well guys, thankfully the thing is down to a Cat 2 & basically missed us here on Miami Beach! Honestly if I didn't know, I would just think we were getting a long spell of rain-& it's really been mostly drizzling! My mom up in Boca said it's really windy & rainy, but we both have our power! Hooray for the fish!!
Of course I feel bad for those up in West Palm & north, but I'm hoping since it's been so slow & everyone was so prepared that there are ZERO fatalities or injuries - animal or human! I know there are fallen trees & such which SUCKS but...If this thing had stayed a 4 or become a 5...
Well at least we had a day extra off from work! And maybe 2...They evacuated the hotel that I work at (imagine being on vacation... 8O ) so I might be off tomorrow (Sun) too...
Wanna hear something humorous? On Thurs at about 11 AM I was woken up by my doorbell...As I went to get it, I realized that it went on because the power went out! I was like "It's here! This is it!" But it was just my usual power out-about 1.5 hours...If a cloud passes over head my power goes out!
Anyway, just wanted to give an update. Thanks for all the advise, & I hope everyone has/had as much luck as we do/did!

Health Energy Love To All Fishies!!
elf is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com