Bandit Cichlids in Georgia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

confusion

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a brood of bandit cichlids (Guianacara Geayi) that are growing beyond my ability to accommodate them. I have 30 to 40 that are looking for homes.

I've found that they are not a common fish (at least in the stores and circles that I frequent). Atlantis had a pair and I bought them on a whim early last year. They turned out to be a mated pair and did a good job of raising a brood. They get to 4" or so, and are on the peaceful side of semi-aggressive. I have them spread across 4 community tanks with swordtails, tetras, angels, blue rams, apistos, etc. The only fish they seem to pick on are the angels.

I am in the Powder Springs/Hiram, Georgia area.

Regards,

Jerry

Hey,

I live in Loganville. How much are they. Could i keep them in a 38g or 20g? or either? Would they b ok with guppies?

I am not looking for money - just a good home for them. I think two or three would be fine in either a 20G or 38G. I have not had them in with guppies, so I am not sure if they would nip at their tails or not.

Im sorry but i asked and i was told they grow to be 5" and i looked online and that told me 6" and they would eat some of my fish. If i ever get a free tank then i'll try to put them on my list. If you still have them. Again sorry

Back
Top Bottom