central florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jennymit21

Aquarium Advice Freak
i live in the orlando area and am trying to find a decent LFS. i currently have all FW but will be buying/inheriting a SW (just live rock in it right now) very soon. I would like to find a relatively knowledgeable shop, or at the least, one who has healthy, well cared-for fish.

TIA, jenny

Jenny,
I live in Tallahassee, but I am working on getting an answer from someone down in your area from another board. I will post when I hear from him. :wink:

The Petland on south 436 Semoran Blvd. near the airport is OK, not great, but seems better than most down here... I don't have the address right now, but it's the only Petland near the airport.
. This is all I can get so far. I will keep asking.

P.S. Have you been to Rena's Pets on Highway 1792 Flea World, Sanford, FL 32771, (407) 330-6318, or Ron's Pets at 1564 South French Avenue, Sanford, FL 32771, (407) 328-0604 ? I found these on a superpages.com search. There is also a Pet Animal Supply at 3621 South Orlando Drive, Sanford, FL 32773 (407) 323-4635.

This is a search of the Orlando area. HTH!

Jenny, I do freshwater, too, but there's a cool saltwater shop right near me, on the southwest side of Orlando. Kind of a long drive for you, I realize. Here's the info:

The Saltwater Reef
(407) 264-0005
7600 Dr. Phillips Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32819

i have visited ron's pets and wasn't impressed (dirty/smelly) but the other ones you 2 mentioned i haven't checked out yet......sorry i took so long to acknowledge posts ( i forgot where i had posted this :oops: :roll: what can i say...i'm blonde)

now that i have acquired the new tank i will go check them out....thx guys!

The Tampa Bay Aquarium Society invites you to

our 10th ANNUAL
TROPICAL FISH AUCTION
SEPTEMBER 27th, 2008

Time: Noon - 6:00 PM
Doors Open at 9:00 AM

Directions:
LAKEWOOD HIGH SCHOOL
CAT AUDITORIUM
(far west building of the high school . . . 16th Street)
1400 54th Ave South
ST. PETERSBURG, FLORIDA 33705

This auction features primarily freshwater fish and plants from local club members, hobbyists, farmers and breeders

We're splittin the take

50/50 split if you bring in fish & plants for the auction on auction day Saturday
60/40 split in your favor if you register your fish & plants EARLY

You can register and read the rules at:

TBAS 2008 Annual Auction

Regular Tampa Bay Aquarium Society meets Second Monday at the Florida Aquarium 7:30 PM
Bring a friend

Great Saltwater aquarium store

Hi, I live in Oviedo and I know of a great saltwater aquarium store in winter Park and they just open another one at the Waterford Lake area.

The first one is called Ocean Blue and the second is Aquaria Studio. They are both owned by the same people. The stores are spotless and the staff very well informed. They have beautiful display tanks. They specialize in saltwater and reef tanks but also have some freshwater fish. I bought a beautiful severum the other day. They will also order for you if they don't have it in stock.

Hope this helps. Tootie

I have had good luck at the Petland off 436 near the airport, 3920 S. semoran blvd. orlando FL 32822. 407-381-5777. Have bought most of my fish there and not to high on there prices.

Back
Top Bottom