Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Southern States
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-13-2003, 09:34 PM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

Received another one today, looks like a good deal, especially on the frags.

Quote:
Dear Valued Customers,

Aquatecture of Gainesville is proud to announce new ownership, new management, and some of the best customer service in North Central Florida.

Thank you to those who have stopped in over the past two weeks, and we hope you have been pleasantly surprised at the recent fish shipments we have received. This past Monday we received the LARGEST CORAL SELECTCION we have seen in the past 3 years. We have 145 Beautiful, colorful corals from Malaysia, Bali, Jakarta, and Indonesia. This past Tuesday we received 50+ fish from all over the world.

There have been several recent changes to the store, including devoting all of our energy to Marine life and supplies. The reptile and fresh water selection have been removed to provide a larger selection of the highest quality Marine fish, corals and invertebrates to you, our customers. During the next 2 weeks there will be some final construction, including new carpet and paint, after which more inventory and a second 300+ gallon show tank will be added!

For the next week all corals are on sale:

1-2 corals 10% off price
3-4 corals 15% off price
5 or more corals 20% off price

Acropora frags are also on sale for 7.99 each, or 5 for 35.00!!

Small clown triggers and queen angels 39.99!

AND… 10% off all dry goods (excluding aquariums and lights)

Thank you for your patience during our change of ownership and remodeling. Please feel free to reply with questions, comments, or concerns. If you would no longer like to receive special offers from Aquatecture of Gainesville, please respond with “remove” in the subject line.

Thanks again!!

The crew at Aquatecture of Gainesville
SW 6623 SW Archer Road
381-3557

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 07:57 AM   #12

$39.99 for a Clown Trigger? WOW! I haven't seen one less than $80....

Looks like I need to take a trip down again....
Old 06-15-2003, 07:43 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Electrobes
man whats depressing is that under new ownershipp, they pretty much took the freshwater (or what was left of it) and just stuck with saltwater! Booooooo! Nooooo! But oh well.. All I really need is Fish now (neon tetras). Stinks that I only have a true love for Freshwater! :P
Old 06-15-2003, 08:10 PM   #14

Yeah it does kind of bite, but when I was down there and met Kevin, the Mgr said that the FW wasnn't their biggest seller and they were going to focus on the SW when they remodeled. It didn't hurt me, because I do not keep FW tanks. But, for the FW hobbyists, that was a kicker because there are not that many places in Gainesville to get fish...I feel for ya..
Old 06-15-2003, 10:48 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Aquarium Connection (on 6th street and University) used to have a pretty good fresh water selection. Have you been there lately?

Timbo, How are the stores in Jax?

Mark
Old 06-15-2003, 11:02 PM   #16

For my best opinion, please read this post...He he

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=3864
Old 06-16-2003, 02:03 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

You might try AquaTropics in Gainesville. They have a great selection of FW and SW fish and supplies. Their prices are fairly reasonable.
Old 06-16-2003, 02:28 PM   #18
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
You might try AquaTropics in Gainesville
Well, I gotta disagree, Aquatropics sucks, IMO. I have never been in there when I didn't see sick fish, they are typically overpriced and they are about making money over the health of your fish. I have known the owner for along time, I used to buy for an LFS and I met him at the wholesalers, he didn't recognize me when I moved up here and went into his store. I have listned to him and his staff give out some of the worst advice I've heard at an LFS

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 06:56 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thanks for the info reefrunner, being a novice in SW aquariums I find it hard to distinguish between good/bad advice. I suppose that is why I ask so many questions here. Now that you mention it, I did see a dead fish the last time I was in there. I told one of the guys in there and he removed it only to feed it to the Lion Fish. I did not think about it at the time, but boy was that a bad idea. I did buy some turbo snails for .99 cents so I was happy about that.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:24 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Electrobes
Don't go to Aquatropics.. its a butcher house! All they sell are very sickly fish which may last about an hour. They are the worst caretakers ever. They may know something about fish but do not apply it anywhere in their store. They over crowd freshwater fish, and put salt water fish in a small empty aquarium with maybe a small colored pebble. Their prices do not compare versus petsmart. They overcharge on a lot of items. If you are into saltwater go to aquatexture. Unfortunatelt Freshwater points you to the limited petsmart. I 've had many a bad experience with aquatropics.. I doubt they will ever clean their act.

Tags
lfs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Skimmer | Sale »