Email from a LFS in Gainesville

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefrunner69

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am on the mailing list of my LFS in gainesville, Aquatecture of Gainesville, and I received this email today.

Dear: Valued customer

This is our first email and we would like to thank "you" the customer for your business. We are offering 10% off live goods with a copy of this email, but only one per customer. We just received 40 corals today from Indonesia as well as fish hand picked from our wholesalers in Tampa. We are expecting a shipment from out west on Friday or Saturday. In stock we have marble cat sharks retailing for $150, Large Passer Angels, Blue Tangs, sm. Powder Blue tang, Flame Hawks, Sunset wrasses, Acroporas, and Frogspawn corals. We will also be receiving on Friday, Scott fairy wrasses, Red head fairy wrasses, and more Blue tangs. We are expecting a large number of Purple Tangs as well. Please feel free to make up a wish list of species you would like to obtain. We will do our best to accomidate all of your requests, (based on availability). We currently receive specimens of coral/fish/rock/inverts from all over the world. Thanks for your support and we at Aquatecture hope to see soon .

David Beckerink @ Aquatecture Aquatics Gainesville FL.

Another Email

Dear: Valued Customers
We have just received our new shipment and every thing looks great. We are offering some specials this week: Scott's fairy Wrasses are only $44.99, Blue Tangs tiny 18.99, Blue Tangs sm. 28.99, Blue Tangs Lg. 40.99, 10% off fish, and 10% one or two corals, 15% off three corals, and 20% off four or more corals. We also are offer free phytoplankton with two corals and free phytoplankton and rotifers with three or more corals! Please act fast this is a limited time offer.

Thanks from David@Aquatecture Aquatics

I really need to get down to Gainesville to check it out... Does anyone know of any LFS in the St. Augustine area?

Another...seems kinda steep for LR, but I haven't bought any really nice S. Pacific rock in years...

Dear customers.
We are some specials on Tonga self and Tonga branch rock this some the best encrusted rock you will ever see. It is 8.99 for 1 to 25 pounds, and 7.99 for 25 to 50 pounds, and 6.99 for 50 pounds and above. These are some great deals on live rock so don't let these pass you by.

Thanks from Aquatecture aquatics. and David

10lbs for $100 is kinda steep.. I think I will buy locally. I still want to get down there to see the rest of the stuff..

Hello everyone,

I stopped by Aquatecture (sp?), and it appears there is alot of cleaning and remodeling being done. They had a couple great deals on fish. I bought a large Halequin Tusk for $49. I was told by the employee that it was recently sold and being redone for only salt water fish and corals. They said a coral shipment was coming soon. I'll be back.

Mark

(y) (y) That's good to hear, last time I was by, they had very little and the store was in a shambles, hopefully they will be back up to speed within a few weeks.

Sounds like it is coming along...I will check back with them in July

Received another one today, looks like a good deal, especially on the frags.

Dear Valued Customers,

Aquatecture of Gainesville is proud to announce new ownership, new management, and some of the best customer service in North Central Florida.

Thank you to those who have stopped in over the past two weeks, and we hope you have been pleasantly surprised at the recent fish shipments we have received. This past Monday we received the LARGEST CORAL SELECTCION we have seen in the past 3 years. We have 145 Beautiful, colorful corals from Malaysia, Bali, Jakarta, and Indonesia. This past Tuesday we received 50+ fish from all over the world.

There have been several recent changes to the store, including devoting all of our energy to Marine life and supplies. The reptile and fresh water selection have been removed to provide a larger selection of the highest quality Marine fish, corals and invertebrates to you, our customers. During the next 2 weeks there will be some final construction, including new carpet and paint, after which more inventory and a second 300+ gallon show tank will be added!

For the next week all corals are on sale:

1-2 corals 10% off price
3-4 corals 15% off price
5 or more corals 20% off price

Acropora frags are also on sale for 7.99 each, or 5 for 35.00!!

Small clown triggers and queen angels 39.99!

AND… 10% off all dry goods (excluding aquariums and lights)

Thank you for your patience during our change of ownership and remodeling. Please feel free to reply with questions, comments, or concerns. If you would no longer like to receive special offers from Aquatecture of Gainesville, please respond with “remove” in the subject line.

Thanks again!!

The crew at Aquatecture of Gainesville
SW 6623 SW Archer Road
381-3557

$39.99 for a Clown Trigger? WOW! I haven't seen one less than $80....

Looks like I need to take a trip down again....

man whats depressing is that under new ownershipp, they pretty much took the freshwater (or what was left of it) and just stuck with saltwater! Booooooo! Nooooo! But oh well.. All I really need is Fish now (neon tetras). Stinks that I only have a true love for Freshwater! :p

Yeah it does kind of bite, but when I was down there and met Kevin, the Mgr said that the FW wasnn't their biggest seller and they were going to focus on the SW when they remodeled. It didn't hurt me, because I do not keep FW tanks. But, for the FW hobbyists, that was a kicker because there are not that many places in Gainesville to get fish...I feel for ya.. :eek:

Aquarium Connection (on 6th street and University) used to have a pretty good fresh water selection. Have you been there lately?

Timbo, How are the stores in Jax?

Mark

You might try AquaTropics in Gainesville. They have a great selection of FW and SW fish and supplies. Their prices are fairly reasonable.

You might try AquaTropics in Gainesville

Well, I gotta disagree, Aquatropics sucks, IMO. I have never been in there when I didn't see sick fish, they are typically overpriced and they are about making money over the health of your fish. I have known the owner for along time, I used to buy for an LFS and I met him at the wholesalers, he didn't recognize me when I moved up here and went into his store. I have listned to him and his staff give out some of the worst advice I've heard at an LFS :x

Thanks for the info reefrunner, being a novice in SW aquariums I find it hard to distinguish between good/bad advice. I suppose that is why I ask so many questions here. Now that you mention it, I did see a dead fish the last time I was in there. I told one of the guys in there and he removed it only to feed it to the Lion Fish. I did not think about it at the time, but boy was that a bad idea. I did buy some turbo snails for .99 cents so I was happy about that.

Don't go to Aquatropics.. its a butcher house! All they sell are very sickly fish which may last about an hour. They are the worst caretakers ever. They may know something about fish but do not apply it anywhere in their store. They over crowd freshwater fish, and put salt water fish in a small empty aquarium with maybe a small colored pebble. Their prices do not compare versus petsmart. They overcharge on a lot of items. If you are into saltwater go to aquatexture. Unfortunatelt Freshwater points you to the limited petsmart. I 've had many a bad experience with aquatropics.. I doubt they will ever clean their act.

Back
Top Bottom