Good stores in Georgia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Billinga

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I live in Acworth, Georgia and I was wondering if anyone knows any good stores for freshwater plants and different types of freshwater fish, shrimp and snails. I have Petsmart near me but they always have the same stock and I never find any good plants at all for me. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!!

Petsmart has Amazon sword. It's another great plant to start with. They grow very nicely

I know this is a couple of days late, sorry.

I live in Marietta, so not too far from you! Local shops around here are Creation Reef (Woodstock), Optimum Aquarium (Kennesaw), Atlantis (Marietta), and Marine Reef (Marietta).

All of them carry plants. I would say to check Creation first. They have a lot more options and tend to always have stuff in stock. They are exit 7 off of 575.

In the Atlanta area, it may be worth it to check out the local FW club (AAAA Atlanta Area Aquarium Association). www.atlantaaquarium.com.

We do monthly speaker meetings and mini-auctions with two HUGE auctions a year in March & Sept along with members always trimming and offering plants, sometimes for free. There are always fish and plants that you will not find at even the best LFSs.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
I know this is a couple of days late, sorry.

I live in Marietta, so not too far from you! Local shops around here are Creation Reef (Woodstock), Optimum Aquarium (Kennesaw), Atlantis (Marietta), and Marine Reef (Marietta).

All of them carry plants. I would say to check Creation first. They have a lot more options and tend to always have stuff in stock. They are exit 7 off of 575.

My wife is originally from Marietta so we are down there all the time. I love going to optimum whenever I'm down there. The guys are really cool to talk with!

In the Atlanta area, it may be worth it to check out the local FW club (AAAA Atlanta Area Aquarium Association). www.atlantaaquarium.com.

We do monthly speaker meetings and mini-auctions with two HUGE auctions a year in March & Sept along with members always trimming and offering plants, sometimes for free. There are always fish and plants that you will not find at even the best LFSs.

Oh, I didn't even know there is a freshwater association in Atlanta! I will definitely check this out.

Billinga said:
I am going to try that optimum aquarium tomorrow.

It's well worth it I promise! It was confusing to find but it's really close to town center mall!

I live 10 minutes from that area and I never knew there was a store there. I hope it as good as it looks from the website. That will be my new shopping place. Do they carry different kinds of shrimp? How is their plant selection?

Billinga said:
I live 10 minutes from that area and I never knew there was a store there. I hope it as good as it looks from the website. That will be my new shopping place. Do they carry different kinds of shrimp? How is their plant selection?

I'm not sure about shrimp but they have a decent selection of plants. (a couple of tanks stocked with plants) it's pretty neat how they have the store set up. When you walk in its like the store part and the back half is like the fish room. I believe the right side of the fish room is fresh and the left side is salt? Dont quote me on it though :p

I'm not sure about shrimp but they have a decent selection of plants. (a couple of tanks stocked with plants) it's pretty neat how they have the store set up. When you walk in its like the store part and the back half is like the fish room. I believe the right side of the fish room is fresh and the left side is salt? Dont quote me on it though :p

You got the set-up right:)

Anyway, they normally don't have any section of shrimp, really. Just ghost. But, they are great with special orders and get it in on Wednesdays, I believe. Anyway, they can usually find anything you need and you don't have to make a first payment.

Back
Top Bottom