Hi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crazybori

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Fin rot

I have 3 bettas which i just found out they may all have fin rot. Since they are all infected do i need to do a water change or can i just treat. Also i moved 3 live plants they had to another tank i m setting up because it immediately turned their water and filter brown and then yellow...will it transfer on the live plants?

Also my small tank you see here always stays cloudy...why is that? I have had the water tested twice and all is fine. I do water changes and its good for a few hours and then it gets cloudy again.

Only have had this tank for a little over a month...im new at this and trying to learn everything i can watching youtube videos and googling but i never find anything that will explain the cloudiness

Any info is appreciated

Will get more results if you post in freshwater & brackish -general discussion or freshwater &brackish -getting started sections.

If ill or distressed partial water change always a good idea. If you don't have one I suggest getting the api freshwater master test kit so you can test your own water.

What kind of plant is it? Most are very beneficial to water quality, if turning water brown is not an aquatic plant or not healthy.

Cloudy is a bacterial bloom usually in new tanks should go away in a couple days.

If you want to move this post @Autumnsky or another mod can move for you.

Read the sticky on nitrogen cycle and other beginning on freshwater &brackish -getting started section if you haven't already or google nitrogen cycle for aquarium's.

Will get more results if you post in freshwater & brackish -general discussion or freshwater &brackish -getting started sections.

If ill or distressed partial water change always a good idea. If you don't have one I suggest getting the api freshwater master test kit so you can test your own water.

What kind of plant is it? Most are very beneficial to water quality, if turning water brown is not an aquatic plant or not healthy.

Cloudy is a bacterial bloom usually in new tanks should go away in a couple days.

If you want to move this post @Autumnsky or another mod can move for you.

Thank you! Toolman!

Back
Top Bottom