Hi from Lake City

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

USMC

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just wanted to take the time and let yall know that I am relieved to find out I am not the only aquatic nut in North Florida.
I too suffer from MTS:
265 SW
180 FW
125 SW
Two 55 FW
55 Tall SW
33 FW
And of course my feeder tank
I am curently working on converting my 180 into a totaly Florida Native tank. Plants Fish and Inverts.
Any ideas on specie selection is welcomed.
If anyone is interested in going collecting lets get together.
I am also looking into collecting some new SW critters.
USMC

Hey friend! Glad to see you got my PM! I knew you were really getting into a Florida Native tank, and thought you might like it here! One forum is just not enough for me! I'm sure you will find a lot of other "geeks" here!

schild27.gif
to AquariumAdvice.com!!!

Hi

Hi to the Lake City fish nut. I am thinking on moving back to Lake city myself one day. About the only thing that is keeping me from moving is there are no fish clubs I have about 80 freshwater tanks and like to go to fish clubs shows and auctions. At fish auctions I can always sell my fry and find fish that I would want. If you hear of a fish club let me know. I only have fresh water so a marine fish club really wouldn't do me any good.

hey dgecko whats up? Heh there are so few of us who only go for freshwater, definately glad to see another face in the same region! Out of curiosity, how often are there fish shows and such and is there a schedualer or something to find out/ thanks!

I don't live in lake City now but I use to and I worked at the VA hospital. I have a bunch of family there and almost no family where I am now. So I have plans on moving back but in no big hurry due to no fish clubs. I would go to Jacksonville to Orlando to a club. I have been to the fish club in Atlanta Georgia before and they seem to be a good club but its a long drive. If all you were going there for is the auction thats different but I like to get to know the members and the so called little hints that help your fish to breed easier. If I find a closer fish club I'll be in Lake city sooner.

clubs

Yes I have wrote a letter to each place and so far no results. I wrote each place about a month ago and got the one back from jacksonville return to sender.
Thank you
carl

The one in J'ville does not exist anymore...I have inquired about clubs here, and no-one seems to know about any, let alone sounding interested in one... It kinda makes me sad, mad, *putting hands up*

It seems like online forums have replaced many of the clubs due to the fact you can talk about things and share just the same...am I making sense? I would love to start one, but hardly have the time or resource to do it...

Warfire80
I am a former Marine. I have been out for 5 years in November. I miss it just about every day but I now have more time for my aquatic adictions.
Theres an old anchor cranker I work with who just recently retired from the Navy in Jacksonville.

Back
Top Bottom