Looking for Crystal Red Shrimp in Central TX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sfuentes125

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,
I've got the dwarf shrimp bug.
I love my ghost shrimp at home and I have a cool long cylinder clear vase at work already planted and cycled and looking for some crystal red shrimp for it.
It holds about 2 gallons and plants are doing well. They will be the only inhabitants.

1st - Does anyone within my state care to sell some? 2nd - Has anyone heard of using marine iodine to help young molting shrimp? I read that in an article online.
Thanks for any help. :)

I am not sure I would keep CRS in a tank that small. They are so sensitive to changes in temperature and water quality, I am afraid they might not last long. They almost certainly would not breed in a tank that size.

I think RCS would be a good choice, however... just my 2 cents.

If you decide to go with them anyway, I have had excellent luck using aquabid.com and ebay.com for all kinds of shrimp, including CRS.

Thanks for the quick reply and tip on font size. oopsy. Okay so, I should look for what minimum size tank for CRS ownership? Would a 10g be large enough?
Thanks again.

10g would be great for CRS. I keep them in a 5.5, which is about as small as I would go for CRS. Any of the neocaridina species though like RCS could do very well in even smaller tanks.

Red cherry shrimp look awesome too really bright colors, they would reproduce like crazy in that tube too i think it's a great idea

I'm thinking now that I will recycle the old Glass umbrella stand instead of the vase. Like a mini commercial aquarium. Anyone been to "the Aquarium" downtown Houston? Awesome!

There is a member of my local forum the dfw fishbox that raises crs, cherry shrimp, green shrimp. blue pearl shrimp, black crystal red shrimp and blue tiger shrimp. He is in the DFW area. His name is Jax and can be contacted through the dfw fishbox forum.

Back
Top Bottom