Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Southern States
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-04-2005, 10:20 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

moving, have questions

Hey NCers! Well, I will be graduating in May which means I'll be leaving my little college town. There are three areas that I am 90% sure I'll be moving to. Unfortunately, I have never lived in these areas so I know nothing about the price of living. Could anyone tell me what the going rate for a decent apartment/rented house/townhouse/whatever (1 bedroom, 1 bath, 1/2 or full kitchen, a living room would be nice) in a safe area in or around these areas?

Raleigh
High Point
Winston-Salem

If you know of specific places I'd love to get those names so I can keep a file. I am trying to research this move since I am completely on my own when I graduate. Kinda scary, but I'm excited.

Thanks!

Old 11-05-2005, 09:02 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Sorry, I don't know going rent rates, but I do want to point out you should really look into joining the Raleigh Aquarium Society. In fact, maybe somewhere there can assist.

We have a mail list at yahoo groups: raleighaquariumsociety

And here's the web site:

http://fishclubs.com/nc/ras/

Old 11-05-2005, 10:43 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

thanks I hadn't even thought of that... is it free to join? I really am trying to stay on a budget (I say this but I just spent too much money on items for my 55 gallon tank *sigh* ).
Old 11-05-2005, 12:24 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

It's not free to join, but I think you don't have to pay to be on the mail list....

Club membership dues are I think $15 a year if I remember right ($30?).
Old 11-05-2005, 12:58 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

oh, well that isn't too bad. I'm still stuck in the mentality of college campus organizations and how much it costs to join those per semester. Thanks!

Tags
moving

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com