Savannah, GA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lsmithers

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm both new to Savannah (just over a year) and new to aquariums (starting fishless cycle). I was wondering if there was an aquarium club in the area and where is the best place to get fish locally?

Not too sure about Savannah! Though you're lucky to live there. I'm not too far from you. What are you keeping

I've just started cycling a 5.5 gallon tank that will be planted. I want Endler livebearers, shrimp (red cherry or ghost) and a snail (not sure what type yet).

Hi! I have a pair of endlers. I got them at Exotic Underworlds on Montgomery Crossroads. Its a great place to buy. I also have Mystery snails and ghost shrimp. Ghost shrimp are cheapest at petsmart btw.
it is TERRIBLY DIFFICULT to find a female endler at the moment. Keep checking exotic underworlds though. There is also another store in Richmond Hill that trades equipment and has some pretty good variety of fish.

the Mystery snail is least likely to eat your live plants. They go for the dead parts, which is helpful.

Manda112388 said:
Hi! I have a pair of endlers. I got them at Exotic Underworlds on Montgomery Crossroads. Its a great place to buy. I also have Mystery snails and ghost shrimp. Ghost shrimp are cheapest at petsmart btw.
it is TERRIBLY DIFFICULT to find a female endler at the moment. Keep checking exotic underworlds though. There is also another store in Richmond Hill that trades equipment and has some pretty good variety of fish.

Thanks, I live up in Rincon, so I haven't been able to get to exotic underworlds yet, but I have heard about it. I don't really want female endlers at the moment. I don't really have anything to do with the fry when it comes along. I will look into the mystery snail.

my snails laid two clutches int he last week. sooooo if you are interested, I could give you some babies.

there is Atlanta Aquarium in Duluth, on pleasant hill dr.
its all saltwater, reef and all those. a really nice shop if you or anyone drives by there.

Athaocity said:
there is Atlanta Aquarium in Duluth, on pleasant hill dr.
its all saltwater, reef and all those. a really nice shop if you or anyone drives by there.

Thanks for the heads up! I will be that way next month to go to the aquarium!

You could hit up the New Page 1 that's the forum for the atlanta area aquarium association. Meet once a month, usually have a guest speaker doing a talk about something fishy, followed by a small auction. Then twice a year a big auction that lasts the whole day. The forum is fairly active too. There is a thread there that has a list of many stores in the atlanta area, not sure about savannah.

Back
Top Bottom