Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Southern States
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-31-2003, 11:20 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via ICQ to ferret Send a message via AIM to ferret
Shop List!

Let's compile a list of good shops we know of. Here's some of the shops I tend to visit and keep tabs on:

Petsmart of Highway 41, South of Windy Hill. Good people, pretty good fish. I've been going here for two years.

Petland in Kennesaw, just behind Towncenter Mall. Lots of animals in general, fun to visit, and some unique fish compared to Petsmart. Has saltwater too.

Atlantis Aquirums on Roswell Road. This place has a big selection of fish. I haven't bought from them yet but they were helpful when I was there. They did try to charge me full price for the shell of a dead snail though.

Old 11-01-2003, 11:01 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

Atlantis is great.

There are a few more.

Georgia Pets Powdersprings rd
Pets Unlimited Terril Mill rd
Pices Pets

Old 11-01-2003, 11:51 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

There is only one here in Savannah other then Pet Smart and that is Exotic Underworlds and its on E. Montgomery Cross road the road behind the Ogalthorpe Mall. They are expensive but they have healthy fish and the Owner is knowledgable and experienced. Its worth the trip to Savannah to see his shop and he has a website thats currently under contraction. www.exoticunderworlds.com
The owners name is Geri and hes the one to talk to!! I have never gotten a sick fish from him knock on wood!! He has both SW and FW. Oh and he will order you anything you want that he doesnt have. He even came to my house and set - up my aquarium for no extra charge!!
Old 11-03-2003, 09:12 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

We have one in statesboro, Ga. He does do some sw and some fw. If he doesn't have what you want he will order it for you. But he's debating to keep selling SW. because theres not much of a demand in this area. I usually buy some stuff from him. He is very knowledgeable and also experienced. Its just a shame not many are doing saltwater in the surrounding area. Oh its called Pet's and People. They also groom dogs, and sell parrots.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:48 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

You have GOT to go to Aquarium Showcase in Roswell, Brian the resident "guru" is quite knowledgeable, they are a bit expensive, but have all the weird stuff you can't find anywhere else. Their display aquariums appear impeccably maintained, I was thoroughly impressed, thus far the best lfs I've been to to date.
Old 11-14-2003, 03:40 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

Is this a new store? I thought I knew every fish store in ATL area. Guess I'll drop by this weekend.
Old 11-15-2003, 12:58 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

I don't think it's particularly new, as I was referred there by a friend of a long-time avid aquarist who's been in using them for quite some time. That place is AWESOME, like I said, it's a little pricey, but they have a lot of really neat stuff you won't see anywhere else.
Old 11-17-2003, 10:04 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via ICQ to ferret Send a message via AIM to ferret
Got an address? I searched all the phone directories and such just a month ago, so I don't have an idea where he's at.
Old 11-17-2003, 09:40 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Activist

12900 Hwy 9. Alpharetta, GA 30004 770-754-0868
Old 01-03-2004, 01:17 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to Punkymom
I don't keep SW, but there's an excellent store here in Newnan on Bullsboro. I think it's just called The Fish Store. All they sell is SW fish although they have an excellent selection of Koi for sale also and do ponds as well. I like stopping in there just to see the pretty fish! My bad it's The Fish Garden (just found their business card) 2236 Hwy 34 E, Newnan, GA 30265, 770-252-4022

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com