Smoky Mountain Aquarium Soc. meeting and Southeast Gathering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gunnie

Aquarium Advice Freak
We will be meeting this time on June 18th, and June 19th for the 2005 Summer Southeast Gathering! This will take place at The Fish Store, which is just north of Chattanooga, TN. There will probably be a cookout on Saturday, the 18th, and we will also have our quarterly SMAS (Smoky Mountain Aquarium Society) meeting. Everyone is welcome, and you do not have to be a SMAS member to take part in the festivities. There is also talk about a trip to the Tennessee Aquarium or maybe the one in Gatlinburg also. The ones who come in on Friday night usually meet up with the locals and we have a wonderful dinner together. There's a great Best Western in Dayton, TN, which is on the same street as the fish store, and it's very reasonable and close to everything. It has microwaves, refrigerators, and high speed internet access in every room, and hot tub rooms are also available. Saturday is the biggest day of eating, trading, and just hanging out with the nicest folks I know. Sunday, everybody usually winds down, and folks start heading for home around 3:00 p.m. So if you are looking for a good time, and are ready for a road trip, this is the place to be on 6/18 & 6/19. We are looking for new members for the club, and would just love to meet you. I am driving over 500 miles each way just to be there if that tells you anything, so please come and join us! :lol:

So far, this is what I can find that folks will be bringing:

wrenchpuler said:
We will have the following fish available for deliver at the Gathering. All are up for sale or trade.

Yellow Labs - 1" - 1.5"
Cynotilapia Sand Sanga - 1" F2
Cynotilapia Afra "Cobue" 1" F2
Aulancara Stuartgranti Ngara Flametail 1" F2
Aulancara Jacobfrebergi "Mamelea" 1" F2
Astatotilapia Calleptera 1" - 1.5" F2
Metriclima Slim Compact OB Blueberry 2" F2 males 4 available
Xystichromis Phytophagus (xmas fulu) 1"

Compact Chain Sword
Cabomba
Rotala
Green Hygro
Wisteria
Hornswort
Asian Ambula

Who knows, may also show up with some odds and ends....P. Nyererei males, xmas fulu adult males, maybe even a protomelas Imperial tiger male.....never know... :wink:

Hope to see everyone there.

Jake

AquaticEnterprises said:
Rather than bring a ton of stuff with, I'll entertain a few requests if anyone has any for stuff I may be able to bring either June or August:

Cerith snails (marine). 2 for a $1 for any club members. Excellent detritivores and sand-stirrers. Will eat film algae and are 100% reef-safe.

Sarcophyton toadstool leather frags. Have at least 2-3 that should be ready for June (they're the cutest little toadstools, should be about 1-1.5" in diameter), but I'll be fragging more for August as well and will have more available.

3-3.5" Tridacna derasa giant clams. Very pretty clams, aquacultures. Lower-light clams (would do fine even higher in setups with power compacts). $35 each. Have 8 available.

Can also bring a few Ricordea sp. mushrooms if anyone wants any.

Endler's trios. Should be able to bring with at least a couple trios, maybe more, but not too many more, so I'm seeing who wants to speak out for these now.

Should have some plants to come with, including Riccia fluitans, possible some java moss and java ferns, definitely some Salvinia auriculata (larger floating plant than the common duckweed).

May have some Heterandia formosa ready to go (Least killies, native livebearer-Dino, did you want a pair or trio? Might be able to come up with one for you).

Are we planning on an auction for June or August? I'm hoping I may have some more angels ready to go by then, including some German red blushers, though I don't think my half-blacks will be ready to go by then (should have some regular half-blacks, half-black ghosts and h/b blushing).

Dino said:
Mostly plants for me.
I should have 17 species of crypts, 7 of anubias and lot of other plants for sale/auction.

Dino

I wish I could go, but unfortunately I have other commitments for that weekend, namely my sons birthday party.

Back
Top Bottom