South Carolina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr Fisher

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anyone in SC? Specifically in the Charleston metro area? Would love to find someone to talk fish with.

Not currently. I did have some platies breed a couple months back but that wasn't planned. The babies I kept are thriving though. How about you?

Not currently. I did have some platies breed a couple months back but that wasn't planned. The babies I kept are thriving though. How about you?

Rasiing angelfish, have a colony of tiger endlers and gernally mucking about with other random stuff.

One of our local fish stores will be carrying my endlers in about 2 weeks. :dance:
Nice to make a little return on the hobby.

Currently looking at craigslist in our town for a cheap HOB filter. Stuff in our area used is incredibly over priced. I'm seeing like 10 gallon set ups people want 150+ for , :ROFLMAO:

Rasiing angelfish, have a colony of tiger endlers and gernally mucking about with other random stuff.

One of our local fish stores will be carrying my endlers in about 2 weeks. :dance:

Nice to make a little return on the hobby.

Currently looking at craigslist in our town for a cheap HOB filter. Stuff in our area used is incredibly over priced. I'm seeing like 10 gallon set ups people want 150+ for , :ROFLMAO:

I swear by Age of Aquariums. The are very helpful and will order whatever you want when they make their weekly order. Discus are hard to come by so I always go through them.

Ive noticed people are very overpriced out here. You've got to find someone getting out of the hobby. I managed to find a 75g with a stand, HOB filter, canister filter, and a good sized piece of driftwood for $200. The guy was getting out of the hobby and was just giving the stuff away.

I swear by Age of Aquariums. The are very helpful and will order whatever you want when they make their weekly order. Discus are hard to come by so I always go through them.

Ive noticed people are very overpriced out here. You've got to find someone getting out of the hobby. I managed to find a 75g with a stand, HOB filter, canister filter, and a good sized piece of driftwood for $200. The guy was getting out of the hobby and was just giving the stuff away.

Age of aquariums seems to be a good spot. I buy/stock real hard to get from wholesaler stuff. I usually get fish from a guy I know in florida and aquabid. They offered me 30% of retail in store credit for fish. Our other LFS (pm me if you don't know) is paying cash and at a much better %

Only deal I found here was one 29 with stand and everything for 80. Otherwise I try to catch petco sales. $1 a gallon is where it's at.

Good ol Charleston! I use to live in Summerville and was station in Charleston AFB. if you want to get good deals wait till the summer and check craigslist or other classified ads. The Military usually starts handing out orders beginning of spring so during the summer you can find some cheap deals!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

We have a vacation house down in S.C nearby Mt. Pleasant, it should be done being built this summer, and I'm hoping to set up a brackish tank for some fiddlers that I can catch and then release when we leave again. Charleston is beautiful, and I love stalking through the swamps, canals and lagoons looking for baby gators, brackish fish and my favorite, crabs!! I absolutely love Charleston!

Nils

Back
Top Bottom