Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Southern States
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-01-2003, 11:06 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular

I'll chime in also. I'm originally from everywhere. Military brat so I gree up in DC, England, Italy and ND. I currently live in Douglasville which is west of ATL.

I'm a cichlidite! Im actually getting out of the hobby due to money problems (posted in classified) but I had the following.

20 or so tanks from 55g to 10g and I've kept everything from salt to fresh.

I have about 10 species af cichlids as well as some killies, corydoras barbatos, corydoras meleni and who knows what.

Old 11-01-2003, 12:00 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Mr502go where is that place up close to where live, just so I know where to start hunting on the map for Hwy 9. Do they do SW too? So exciting to here of a good LFS!!
Ferret good to have ya here! Your pics arnt bad at all and your tanks are so pretty!!

Old 11-11-2003, 10:53 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

Hey Clownin, sorry it took me sooooooo long to reply, just got my new bike!! Will be two weeks this thurs!! Soo, I've been playin in the dirt as much as possible, and cleaning it about as often LOL. I know you're wondering NOOOO I DIDN'T FORGET TO FEED THE FISH. LOL hahaha Anywho, Aquarium Showcase is just north of windward parkway and Hwy 9 on the left, it's in a red brick building, right after you pass the eckerds drug, keep your eyes peeled, the storefront is kinda small, and easy to pass. I'll prolly go up there, not this sat, but the following, if ya wanna go PM me, and you can follow me up there from work (get off at 2 on Sat) Anywho, you will LOVE that place!!! Thanks for not forgettin me LOL, I know I've been pre-occupied for a while.
Old 11-21-2003, 12:17 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

totally missed this post Mr502go. I am so sorry I would have gone too!! Would have had to roust my husband out from in front of the TV but I would have loved to have seen the store. I will have to get there on my own! Bout how far is it from Savannah? Glad you remembered to feed the fishies!! I really need to figure out how to split threads as we seem to have different threads in one here lol. \
Thanks for the invite!!
Old 11-24-2003, 09:55 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

LOL, tis kewl, I actually ended up not going, I didn't hear a reply, but I'm working not this saturday, but the following, and I may head up there after work again. Soo, if ya wanna go, lemme know.
Old 12-01-2003, 04:32 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Regular

Like davoz, Hello my friend, I too am a military brat.
Ohio, Virginia, Alabama, and finally Tennessee.
Been keeping fish for 24 years.
Currently have 7,000 gallons going looking to expand that to 15,000 by years end of 2004.

1500 gallon in ground pond
Two 1500 gallon cattle watering troughts- lilies, irises, goldfish and koi for now, tropicals come April
Many 100-150 gallon cattle watering troughs and kiddy pools
About 600 gallons in glass currently.
I wil be building a thousand square foot fish house starting in March.

Progress so far, some of the stock here, and pics of family and friends can be found at

http://www.dinosfishhouse.com

Best,
dino
Old 12-02-2003, 12:33 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Activist

wow!!! really all I can say is WOW and people complain about my lil old 58 gal. lol. Welcome to our forum!!
Old 01-03-2004, 01:12 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to Punkymom
Hello all! Another Newnan resident here. My name is Amanda and I've lived in Newnan for 6 years. The longest I've lived anywhere due to being a miltary brat. I've been keeping fish since I was 12 or so. That means like....9 years or something like that. I took a long break from keeping them until I HAD to have another tank. So here's what I currently house:

55 gal FW
10 Tiger Barbs
6 Rosy Barbs
1 Albino Red Finned shark
1 Rubber Lipped Pleco
2 Skunk Loaches

10 gal FW
1 Betta
2 Zebra Danios (left over from cycling)
7.6 Snails (not sure of exact #)

So that's it for me!
Old 01-03-2004, 11:14 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via ICQ to ferret Send a message via AIM to ferret
Welcome. I'm from Newnan (Senoia actually) originally as well.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com