Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Southern States

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-04-2004, 06:12 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
Send a message via Yahoo to fernzpat
Trip to Gulf Specimen Marine Lab, Panacea FL

Hey everyone,

went to visit the Marine Lab in Panacea, FL today which is about 20 minutes South of Tallahassee.

What a great little place for marine freaks!!! About 10 "touching" tanks with a variety of sponges, crabs, shrimp, sand dollars, fish, and the deepest sand beds I have ever seen. Some large tanks with Red fish, grouper, sharks and some small sea turtles were also available. My little 2 year old loved the fidler crab exhibit which had thousands of fidler crabs running about in an enclosure. The site also had some nice green houses with more fish and caulerpas...

Not quite the Tampa Aquariums but well worth five bucks!!!

Note to Gunner: I don't know how old your son is but my two year old had a ball, and the older kids were having all kinds of fun as well. Nice, fast day trip! Cute little park about half a mile away to play at as well.
fernzpat is offline   Reply With Quote

marine, spec

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search