Yay Aquatexture, nay aquatropics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Electrobes

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay... I haven't been on the messege boards recently and I haven't gotten to do much wih my aquarium until school leveled off. I am back and frankly disaapointed and hapy at the same time. First off I would like to share my happiness with aquatexture at continuing a great store with knowledgable people. I hear good things about them even though I am a freshwater man myself. I wish they would move into freshwater, but hey everything can't go my way.

But I am extremely unhappy with my visit to aquatropics. The environment is dirty, their tanks god-awful, and their fish sickly, crowded, and uncared for. I hadn't been to that place in a while, and my last visit wasn;t peachy either. I was hoping for a revolution of some kind to happen to that place but it definately didn't happen, no clean-up, no better fish-care... nothing... but one thing changed. My favorite fish are Oscars. I have two and soon will be moving the fast-growing buggers into a 100 gallon paradise, gunna have lots of fun building it, check me out on the DIY section of the board. I go into the store and pick up blacwater expert, and naturally I browse by checking out the fishes. I came upon the baby oscar tank.. and saw something odd. I see tiger oscars, albino oscars...... and blue oscars? Sure enough my fears were confirmed.. I muttered "Are these Blueberry Oscars?" to the attendant bumming around. He responded with "Yeah, crazy-looking aren't they!?". I was so ticked off I couldn't say anything else... just look in digust. He mentioned happily that they just recently got them. Like an idiot that I was.. I was so ticked I forogt to ask them where they got them from... which would have most liekly given me away as not being the uninformed customer that they could try to sell anything to. I left the store, still being bothered by the fact that they sunk THAT low. I will never go back there again, I will just have to order my stuff from now on... this sucks.

Last time I was in aquatropics I saw a tank full of baby leopard puffers who looked like snowballs from ich...
Talk to the right person in there (wish i knew names) theres a nervous guy who wears a baseball cap who actually persuaded me not to buy one of their bichirs. I trust him a little more than the other people in there who seem to think they work on a used car lot.

Peely... are you a student at UF? Yeah Aquatropics wouldn't be such a hell hole if they would only clean up once in a while. What sucks is that I am in the market for a single cichlid (i.e. a red devil, oscar, etc) but only aquatropics has anything in variety of freshwtaer fish :evil: - I will probably end up getting another oscar unless a really good opportunity shows up, really want a trimac! :p But oh well life goes on.

Back
Top Bottom