Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest & the Dakotas
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-18-2003, 10:49 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

A Fishy Deal

Has anyone been to "A Fishy Deal" in Valley Park, MO? I think it's just SW of St. Louis. I saw this LFS advertised in FAMA and wanted some feedback before I made the trip. By the way, I went to "Slice of Nature" in Vandalia last weekend. For some reason, I thought it was closer to St. Louis than it actually was. Big mistake... Actually, I guess it wasn't. The drive was nice, the town was really neat (I especially liked the carnival/fair preparations and the state's first capital building), and the LFS was pretty impressive. Not to offend anyone, but I didn't expect that much so far from the city. Friendly staff, too!

-Michael

PS Man, all these acronyms are really starting to get to me. See, I did it again!

Old 06-19-2003, 05:53 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to michealprater
Did you purchase anything at Slice of nature?

Old 06-19-2003, 06:28 PM   #3

No, I didn't Micheal. I'm not ready to purchase livestock yet, and that's probably what I would buy from Slice of Nature. It's just a bit too far. I would like to buy something there, though. Hearing the way y'all talk about the place and the owner, Dean, it seems like a good LFS to support.

-Michael
Old 06-19-2003, 07:36 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to michealprater
It is. But I understand it is quite a drive for ya. Did you tell him you heard about his place on AA?
Old 06-19-2003, 08:50 PM   #5

No, unfortunately I didn't. I'm sure I'll go back some day and I'll mention it then. I don't know--I'd probably spend all my free time in LFSs if I didn't feel so bad about looking and not buying. I kinda felt like that there. Being a stranger, I didn't want to loiter too long. Anyhow, I'll mention it next time. Is Dean the kinda skinny fella with dark hair? Otherwise, the rest of the folks were women...
Old 06-19-2003, 09:29 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to kribbz
yep that's dean. hes a great guy. it is really funny cause it is about the only lfs in that i know of you can smoke in. and dean is halarious cause he will ash in his hand and put it in his pocket. ahahahaha. i laugh everytime i see him do it but he is just such a nice guy that i don't think he wants to walk away from the conversation just to ash. haha

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com