Any ohio fish keepers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Their all pretty small down here in the canton massillon area good customer service though. How bout up there I've been to aqua tech their a bit pricy and I've been to another one up there I forget what it was called

MuDbUcKeT72. mts sufferer

Ocean rift aquatics is where I go for saltwater other then that I'm pretty limited to chain stores got to travel to get the good stuff

MuDbUcKeT72. mts sufferer

I've visited Something Fishy and RMS Aquaculture. For ciclids, I think you can't go wrong with Something Fishy. I'm pretty sure they breed most of their own stock on the premises.

RMA has a little bit of everything, large selection of tanks, large selection of freshwater fish, and a decent selection of saltwater. They've also got a really nice selection of filters and such.

There is a dedicated saltwater store right down the road from me called Blue Fish Aquariums. Only went in there once because I keep freshwater.

What sort of tanks do you have?

yea ive been to rms thats the one i couldent thing of pretty nice not really worth the drive unless im getting something exotic that i cant find around here ill have to try something fishy.. im guessing not too many people are in the aquarium hobby around me if i ever hit the lotto im gonna open up my own shop lol

Anyone from around van wert mercer counties

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I know this thread is pretty old, but for anybody in northern ohio; Aquatica in Valley City, Ohio is really awesome. I'm fortunate to only live about 10 min. away. It's not very far from the Cleveland, Akron/Canton areas. Then for anybody near Toledo, Trilby's Tropicals is very good. Both are great family owned LFS that stock all sorts of livestock, plants,coral, supplies, etc. etc. that you won't find elsewhere. People come from hours away to go to both of these stores. Hope that helps somebody...

I agree with Aquatica. I've been to most of the stores mentioned here and Aquatica is easily my favorite..they have a great selection of coral frags which is what I usually go for but they also have a wide variety of fish. That and they carry a much wider selection of products/equipment then any other place and the staff is always nice and helpful.

I live in southern Ohio about 30 minutes away from Portsmouth. The hobby is pretty sparse down here...no fish clubs and lackluster fish (pet) stores. I usually travel 2 hours to go to Aquarium Adventure, or I go to Monfort in Cincinnati. Otherwise, everything else is mail order.

I know this is old! But, does anyone know of any of these stores that carry red cherry shrimp ?

hmm... I don't know of anywhere near you. I'm pretty sure they have them at Aquatica (aquaticasuperstore.com) near me (not 100% though), but that's probably over 2hrs from you. Their store is pretty awesome, they have many types of fish/inverts/plants etc. you won't find at any chain store, and they have any type of fish keeping supply you could want. You can probably find somewhere closer, or find some online (aquabid.com, ebay...) or maybe from another member on here. Good luck.

I live in southern Ohio about 30 minutes away from Portsmouth. The hobby is pretty sparse down here...no fish clubs and lackluster fish (pet) stores. I usually travel 2 hours to go to Aquarium Adventure, or I go to Monfort in Cincinnati. Otherwise, everything else is mail order.

I am ftom Southeast Ohio and I agree, not much out there in terms of clubs or fish stores. There is a nice little shop in Belpre with staff that is very helpful with quite a bit of experience.

Found another store in Athens called Fish 'N Stuff. Had a nice selection of plants and fish

Back
Top Bottom