Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest & the Dakotas
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 10-15-2013, 03:36 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
rmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 620
Never been, but I'm VERY familiar with where Independence is.
__________________

__________________
rmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 14
Hello rmiller & cally. I live in Bartlesville, glad to see some people from around this area on the forum!! I'm new to keeping fish and to this forum. What kind of tanks & fish do you guys have?
__________________

__________________
Enrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
rmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 620
Hi Enrique! Glad to meet you. I have freshwater tanks. One 10 gallon that I'm about to re-do probably as a dwarf puffer tank and a 30 gallon that has a juvie oscar. He's about to get moved to a 55 gallon tank right after thanksgiving (gotta wait til the muscles are in town to bring his bigger tank in.) How about you?
__________________
rmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
callylynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 155
Hello Enrique! We go to Bartlesville all the time. In fact my youngest daughter was born there. Small world
I have a ten gallon and a 20 gallon long. Both freshwater. My 20 gallon is currently battling ich!!! I woke up this morning to find it. Hoping my german blue rams and my african dwarf frogs survive.
__________________
callylynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Aqualady40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 1,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmiller View Post
I hate to dredge up old threads, but I often wonder if I am the only one in Oklahoma that has fish tanks! I am currently living about 45 minutes from Tulsa and have friends in Stillwater. I would love to get to know others around the state who love their fish as much as I do.
Your fine, this thread isnt old at all. I too wonder it all the time. I do love this hobby and enjoy chatting with others that share the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by callylynn View Post
I'm in southeast Kansas. About 1.5 hours from Tulsa! I often wonder the same thing, as none of the people I know are into fish.
Hahaha, I have 1 associate I gotten into it but they are not consistent, etc...I got my bf wanting one now....thumbs up to me...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrique View Post
Hello rmiller & cally. I live in Bartlesville, glad to see some people from around this area on the forum!! I'm new to keeping fish and to this forum. What kind of tanks & fish do you guys have?
Hi, as my op stated I am in Tulsa really close, I have all FW, 55g, 40B, 20H, 5g bowfront, and 2 others that are stored away but they are 5g and 1g. What do you have?
__________________
Current tanks: 55g/ 40B/ 20H/, 5g
If you always do what you've always done, you'll end with the same results
Aqualady40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:23 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmiller View Post
Hi Enrique! Glad to meet you. I have freshwater tanks. One 10 gallon that I'm about to re-do probably as a dwarf puffer tank and a 30 gallon that has a juvie oscar. He's about to get moved to a 55 gallon tank right after thanksgiving (gotta wait til the muscles are in town to bring his bigger tank in.) How about you?
Glad to meet you to. That's cool, 55 gal tanks are nice that's what I have. I have 5 small fancy goldfish, and a butterfly koi that I got with the tank. Bought the tank last January so I'm fairly new. I really enjoy it though
__________________
Enrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by callylynn View Post
Hello Enrique! We go to Bartlesville all the time. In fact my youngest daughter was born there. Small world I have a ten gallon and a 20 gallon long. Both freshwater. My 20 gallon is currently battling ich!!! I woke up this morning to find it. Hoping my german blue rams and my african dwarf frogs survive.
It is a small world, one of the guys I work with lives in Independence yeah I've had to deal with ich. Bought some new fish a couple of months ago, and the next morning ich!! I was able to get rid of it without losing any fish thankfully
__________________
Enrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 14
Hello Geronica. Nice to meet you. What does 40b & 20h mean? I have a 55 gallon, with some fancy gold fish and a butterfly koi. Do you know of any other fish stores besides oddballs there in Tulsa?
__________________
Enrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:31 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
rmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 620
40B is a 40 gallon breeder tank, longer than a typical 40 gallon. 20H means high, so shorter length than standard 20 gallon but taller.

Love this list
Standard Aquarium Sizes Available In the US......
__________________
rmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:40 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Aqualady40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 1,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrique View Post
Hello Geronica. Nice to meet you. What does 40b & 20h mean? I have a 55 gallon, with some fancy gold fish and a butterfly koi. Do you know of any other fish stores besides oddballs there in Tulsa?
Hello there...the be stands for breeder and the H stands for high. Thats cool you have a 55g too.The only stores I know are the big chains, Petsmart & Petco. Petsmiths in Bixby closed and they were good and had all the fish/inverts/plants that the big chains didn't for dirt cheap too I miss them so much...I ran into someone that personally knows the owner of that store and he sold me so decent RCS for cheap and ironically we stay 1 mile apart....
__________________

__________________
Current tanks: 55g/ 40B/ 20H/, 5g
If you always do what you've always done, you'll end with the same results
Aqualady40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.