Any Tulsa, Oklahoma Fish Keepers here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When did Petsmiths close?! They are so far out of my way that I always forgot to check with them. They had the best selection of fw that I knew of in Tulsa.

Geronica, where else do you buy your fish from?

Thank you guys for replying to my questions about the b and h;) sounds like it was a cool store:( I don't really like the big chain stores, they don't usually have what I want. It also seems that a lot of the times they have someone in the fish dept that doesn't know a whole lot about the fish.

When did Petsmiths close?! They are so far out of my way that I always forgot to check with them. They had the best selection of fw that I knew of in Tulsa.

Geronica, where else do you buy your fish from?
Not sure of month but it was earlier in the year...:ermm:

Thank you guys for replying to my questions about the b and h;) sounds like it was a cool store:( I don't really like the big chain stores, they don't usually have what I want. It also seems that a lot of the times they have someone in the fish dept that doesn't know a whole lot about the fish.

It was a really nice and the owner was really really nice to everyone that came through the door. I never had someone spend one on one educating me...I knew he knew his job when I knew most of what he said and the rest I researched.....I miss them....:(..I don't know any others but the big chains and Odd balls on Sheridan...If anyone gets word of one PLEASE state it on this thread for all of us....

I'm not a fan of oddballs tbh, every time I've gone in there his tanks are covered in algae. I've seen it so bad you can't hardly see thru to know what fish were in there.

I've honestly thought about going to work for petsmart or petco when I move back to Tulsa. If I did I would totally change the way they sold fish. Ultimately my goal would be to revamp the way the whole company ran their fish departments.

I agree with you about oddballs, but they were the only place I could find the fish I was looking for. So I guess I have to take the bad with the good.

I really like the southern ag at 71st and Sheridan. I love chatting with Mitch there, brilliant guy.

I really like the southern ag at 71st and Sheridan. I love chatting with Mitch there, brilliant guy.

Oh my! Absolutely! I forgotten about them:facepalm:, yes, they are good but they only sell a small handful of fish/plants/inverts that are different from the big chain, such as assassin snails, nerite snails, certain plecos, etc...but they are good...BTW Mithc I believe no longer works there...I believe the lady name is Melissa over the Aquatics area now

It's been so long since I've been in there. Compared to the chains they have a much better plant selection. Occasionally I see something really cool. They usually have a decent pleco supply too.

Do any of you happen to have any low light plants that you'd like to sell? I'm looking to replant my 10 gallon.

I was in Owasso a couple days ago and decided to run by Pet Stop, they closed too! It's now a book store/antique shop. Geez, sounds like we're stuck with nothing but big box stores for freshwater stuff.

I was in Owasso a couple days ago and decided to run by Pet Stop, they closed too! It's now a book store/antique shop. Geez, sounds like we're stuck with nothing but big box stores for freshwater stuff.

Really does suck to not have local moms & pops fs:ermm:

There's a decent saltwater shop in Claremore, she has no desire to deal with freshwater tho. She occasionally has like one 10 gallon tank of freshwater fish. Otherwise the only one I knew of was pet stop in owasso, sadly its a used bookstore/ flea market now. When I walked in I asked the lady if they had moved. She said no, they closed up and sold the building. My response, "Well that sucks! Who actually reads books anymore? That's what kindles are for!"

Sorry Geronica, but I don't know of any. We have a pet shop here in Bartlesville. But they're are limited on their fish and supplies:(

Sorry Geronica, but I don't know of any. We have a pet shop here in Bartlesville. But they're are limited on their fish and supplies:(

What is the name of the shop so I can get the number and address. I would like to call to see what they do have available. Thanks in advance

This discussion really makes me with I had the means to start up a freshwater shop.

I had talked at one point to the owner of the saltwater shop in Claremore about possibly starting up a larger shop to include fresh. There was a large building for sale in town and I thought it would be really cool to have a little pet mall. I thought we could get the saltwater shop moved in, add fresh water, a cat shop, dog shop, and reptile/rodent shop. Section it out into several stores and each one specialize in one type of pet. Alas...no money stopped that idea.

What is the name of the shop so I can get the number and address. I would like to call to see what they do have available. Thanks in advance

The name is classic pet center phone #918-333-7944 119 SE Washington Blvd

Hello everyone. I'm needing some advice. I got a new 10gallon tank, I'm going to use as a quarantine tank. Do I have to have it set up all the time, or can I just use it when I'm needing to quarantine? I really don't want to have it set up all the time. Your help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Nope, just set it up when you need it. For a qt tank most will just keep a bit of extra media in one of their main tanks to move to the qt filter when its needed.

Back
Top Bottom