Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest & the Dakotas
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice FINatic

When did Petsmiths close?! They are so far out of my way that I always forgot to check with them. They had the best selection of fw that I knew of in Tulsa.

Geronica, where else do you buy your fish from?

Old 10-19-2013, 11:42 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thank you guys for replying to my questions about the b and h sounds like it was a cool store I don't really like the big chain stores, they don't usually have what I want. It also seems that a lot of the times they have someone in the fish dept that doesn't know a whole lot about the fish.

Old 10-19-2013, 11:50 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmiller View Post
When did Petsmiths close?! They are so far out of my way that I always forgot to check with them. They had the best selection of fw that I knew of in Tulsa.

Geronica, where else do you buy your fish from?
Not sure of month but it was earlier in the year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrique View Post
Thank you guys for replying to my questions about the b and h sounds like it was a cool store I don't really like the big chain stores, they don't usually have what I want. It also seems that a lot of the times they have someone in the fish dept that doesn't know a whole lot about the fish.
It was a really nice and the owner was really really nice to everyone that came through the door. I never had someone spend one on one educating me...I knew he knew his job when I knew most of what he said and the rest I researched.....I miss them......I don't know any others but the big chains and Odd balls on Sheridan...If anyone gets word of one PLEASE state it on this thread for all of us....
Old 10-20-2013, 12:23 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'm not a fan of oddballs tbh, every time I've gone in there his tanks are covered in algae. I've seen it so bad you can't hardly see thru to know what fish were in there.

I've honestly thought about going to work for petsmart or petco when I move back to Tulsa. If I did I would totally change the way they sold fish. Ultimately my goal would be to revamp the way the whole company ran their fish departments.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:34 AM   #25

I agree with you about oddballs, but they were the only place I could find the fish I was looking for. So I guess I have to take the bad with the good.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:40 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I really like the southern ag at 71st and Sheridan. I love chatting with Mitch there, brilliant guy.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
I really like the southern ag at 71st and Sheridan. I love chatting with Mitch there, brilliant guy.
Oh my! Absolutely! I forgotten about them, yes, they are good but they only sell a small handful of fish/plants/inverts that are different from the big chain, such as assassin snails, nerite snails, certain plecos, etc...but they are good...BTW Mithc I believe no longer works there...I believe the lady name is Melissa over the Aquatics area now
Old 10-20-2013, 06:10 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice FINatic

It's been so long since I've been in there. Compared to the chains they have a much better plant selection. Occasionally I see something really cool. They usually have a decent pleco supply too.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:05 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Do any of you happen to have any low light plants that you'd like to sell? I'm looking to replant my 10 gallon.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:30 AM   #30

Quote:
Do any of you happen to have any low light plants that you'd like to sell? I'm looking to replant my 10 gallon.
Sorry, but I don't have any.

Tags
fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com