Anyone here go to Jack's Aquarium and Pets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would post your question / questions in the saltwater forums not the regional forums. Your posting in threads that havent been active since 2006.

Jacks in Lebanon, OH

Hey so I currently work at the Jacks in Lebanon, OH. I've been there since it opened in 2007 and am proud to say that our tanks couldn't look better. Like at any store, you'll always see some floaters depending on the time of day and how busy its been. Our store is lucky enough to have a wonderful setup as compared to older stores. The company has recently changed its focus from opening stores to remodeling older ones to improve the quality of systems. Just because one store looks older and worse, don't assume its because no one cares. You probably just caught them on the day before tank maintainence day. Because of Lebanon's location, we do not sell too many fish unfortunately. That means that we have a better selection than most other stores especially when it comes to saltwater. We are trained with tons of fish knowledge and have some of the best managers in the company but never get to use it. So if you're in need of more fish (fresh or salt), stop by Lebanon. Because if we dont have it, we can order it and our tank maintainence only shows how much we really do care about our animals. We'd be glad to help you out. :)

woohoo, zombie thread is aliiiiive!

wow, this is an old one.

I think I've mentioned Jack's in one or two posts... I go to the Mill Run (Hilliard) store occasionally. I've had decent luck with the fish and products purchased there and for a general pet store I think the people working there are good at it (a few less loose feeder crickets running loose around the store might help the image). Seems to have good traffic too, considering that the center it's in is totally dead.

Please let us know if there are any 'remodeling' sales coming up ;)

bummer they are all too far from me to make it worth the trip there and back :(

if you're from northern Ohio, there's a store in Findlay. Don't know if that's close enough or not. No LFS nearby?

Finely is a way of a bit away. Closest store I have is Edgewood Pets in Ashtabula. Next closest I think would be in Willoboughy. I'm NE of the Cleveland. I shoudl start checking closer to Erie as I am about half way between Cleveland and Erie.

Small world cause I visited John's Aquarium two weekends ago... then that weekend someone who works there signed up here.

the only major pet chain I've bought fish from is Petco, and there are stores in Mentor and Erie. You could always try your luck with an online retailer like liveaquaria.com and the DrsFosterSmith place.

Edgewood Pets is about 20 mins east of me... Small compared to a lot of places. But the folks there are top notch in knowledge.

John's Aquarium in Willoboughy is about 45 mins away but I have a friend that lives by there so worth stopping by there some times.

Jacks employee

Some one wanted to know of some good tank deals coming because of the remodeling. Right now all the old stores are selling the larger display tanks super cheap. My particular store by the Dayton mall is selling:

a 220 gal oak tank with glass canopies, and stand for 799.99

a 150 gal bowfront black with glass canopies and stand for 899.99

and a 90 gal black surfline with glass canopies and stand for 499.99

Thier trying to get reid of the display models so we can have more room in the store for a bigger selection of products. They're only selling them until november 1st though...

thanks for the heads up, kitty... I see that Jack's latest ad has a bunch of smaller tanks on sale too. I wonder if my store is one of the 'old' stores... yeah it could use a makeover but that doesn't keep me from going there for supplies.

Back
Top Bottom