Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest & the Dakotas
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-27-2006, 08:25 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Aquatic Imports in Green Bay, WI

I stopped by Aquatic Imports in Green Bay, WI after going to the airshow in Oshkosh and picked up some new stuff. He has a ton of good coral, fish and freshwater stuff. I'm always impressed. He even threw in a free $40 coral after I bought a $60 and $25 coral because he said it was a slow day. Not too bad. He's thrown in free frozen food often, but a free coral was cool.

Just wanted to plug this guy, he's a real responsible lfs and that's rare.

He is located on Clay st (kind of, actually, his house is on clay, and his shop is the one story masonry building behind. It's large and hard to miss. If you need more in terms of directions, just let me know.

Oh yeah, he also always provides me with a styrafoam cooler box since he knows I drive three hours back home every time I stop in. Just good service.

Old 07-28-2006, 11:46 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

seriously, my wife and I thought that the "house" looked way too shady for a "respectable" fish store...we passed it up! we went over to Advanced Aquarium Systems, but just weren't impressed with what they have. Your plug is getting us to go back to Aquatic Imports to give it a shot (maybe this time we will actually look for the store front!).

EDIT:
besides...we want to see the tall ships in Green Bay!

Old 07-29-2006, 09:01 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

It's not in the house anymore, it's in the building behind it and still doesn't look respectable from the outside. The inside is where the good stuff is. I stop in there every time I am in Green Bay. This is definately a don't judge a book by it's cover. My wife was a little hesitant initially as well.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:32 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

went there today and bam! got two pieces of driftwood to kick start my cycle on my 75! You are definitely correct about the "book cover" thing!
MSU Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 09:08 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Good deal. I'm glad I could help.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:22 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

As an update, my wife and I stopped at this LFS again, and they are moving to being a salt water only LFS. They are converting all their tanks to salt, and seem to have an enormous amount of salt stuff. Since I am fresh only, I am a little dissapointed, but hey.

MSU Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com